SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

code of practice states diffrerent

Sorry but no.

The wheels must be contained within the bodywork, or mudguards (including flares) when the

wheels are in the straight ahead position.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP11_Section_LS_Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011%20v3.pdf

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

And the code is still in draft and live so it does not come into play legaly, your state authority guidelines are the ones you must comply with.

Its a good read though.

And the code is still in draft and live so it does not come into play legaly, your state authority guidelines are the ones you must comply with.

Its a good read though.

wrong!

it already has....the standards must be met when engineer the car....we can have this debate all day but ive spent the last 6 months working on this and won...not to mention that my car was engineered in sydney to those rules

wrong!

it already has....the standards must be met when engineer the car....we can have this debate all day but ive spent the last 6 months working on this and won...not to mention that my car was engineered in sydney to those rules

Well then how about a link to said docs, as during my engineering process this came up as well, all the information I have come up with states that you cannot have wheels or tyres outside the body line, this is also what my engineer said, but if you have some new relevant information that can be backed up by a legal document that the local (i.e NSW RTA for example) will use for compliance then I shall be proven wrong.

Until then just saying Im wrong holds no weight.

Well then how about a link to said docs, as during my engineering process this came up as well, all the information I have come up with states that you cannot have wheels or tyres outside the body line, this is also what my engineer said, but if you have some new relevant information that can be backed up by a legal document that the local (i.e NSW RTA for example) will use for compliance then I shall be proven wrong.

Until then just saying Im wrong holds no weight.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

these regulations are a standard and are live....all cars (including modified must meet these) and YES these are not drafts these are the CODES that must be met

as i said i spent the last 6months in court over this exact thing and have the documents to prove it how ever i see no need to show these to you to prove you wrong...

Sorry but no.

The wheels must be contained within the bodywork, or mudguards (including flares) when the

http://www.infrastru...n_2011%20v3.pdf

http://www.infrastru...n/vsb_ncop.aspx

Its a good read though.

http://www.infrastru...n/vsb_ncop.aspx

these regulations are a standard and are live....all cars (including modified must meet these) and YES these are not drafts these are the CODES that must be met

as i said i spent the last 6months in court over this exact thing and have the documents to prove it how ever i see no need to show these to you to prove you wrong...

LOL

Your link was the one I posted up before, YOUR link states.

LOL

Your link was the one I posted up before, YOUR link states.

2nd to that i never stated anything about that link saying otherwise....

NCOP11 Section LS Suspension and Steering V2 01Jan2011 [dl_acrobat.gifPDF: 1319 KB]

4.2.3 Clearance

No part of the wheel must touch any part of the body, chassis, steering, braking system or

suspension under any operating condition. To check this, the vehicle must be fully laden and

capable of negotiating raised obstacles that would normally be encountered whilst driving such

as speed humps and driveway entries. This test should be conducted from lock to lock without

any part of the rim or tyre contacting any other part of the vehicle. Test weight for passengers is

68kg plus 15kg per person for luggage where luggage space is provided.

Section LS Tyres, Rims, Suspension and Steering

Version 2.0 – 1 January 2011 Page 21/LS85

The wheels must be contained within the bodywork , or mudguards (including

flares) when the

Steering and/or suspension stops must not be modified to provide clearance for wheels.

Skyline model = R33 GTS

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 9" front 10" rear

Wheel offset =45 on rims using 30mm bolt-on spacers = 15 offset

Tyre size = 235/45/17 front 255/40/17 rear

Modifications to fit =roll guards

299619_4740367320688_491036213_n.jpg

321397_4740448522718_1212336204_n.jpg

16800_4734162885581_370505900_n.jpg

Edited by viinnh

Wondering on fitment for r34 with no problems and unrolled guards?

18x8.5+25

18x9.5+35

thanks

if it is stock height that will fit no worries, even with full sized tyres to the rims. Tho it may rub on the plastic splash guards in the fronts when turning hard, but it isnt hard to do that anyway. Nor is it a problem.

If you lower the car you will need to roll the rear arches.

I had 34R wheels on which are 9.0 + 30 with no dramas, new rims are a 9.5 so hoping all should be ok

didnt you check what clearance you had then when you had those rims on? that way you would easily be able to tell what ur working with.

Also your wheel alignmentsetup is going to play a part so what might fit on one car will rub on another...