SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Thats how haha if i run a 5mm spacer it would be fine but yeah a bit iffy about spacers however the hks time attack evo runs a rediculous sized hubcentric spacer so maybe ill look at gettig something like that and flaring the gaurds more so the tyre still sits inside the gaurd

post-134543-0-85454100-1403854811_thumb.jpg

advice to the masses pre and post page 152 in this thread- not aimed at anyone in particular

I think it has to be said aloud - get rims and tyres that fit :whistling:

Oh if only it was that easy! People would rather post asking questions, then trawl through masses of free information at their disposal.

Yeah only at full lock fb racing

Take a look at the upper and lower ball joints. It helps if you put you car in the air and remove the wheels. Grab your hub and move it side to side and up and down. Shake it. If there's a lot of play, replace the joints. Up and down will tell you ball joints. Side to side will tell you steer joints. If all is ok, look for paint chipping or cracking on your upper and lower arms. Also look for metal distorting and fatigue. The front geometry on the r33 suspension runs without flaws if camber is set at zero.

Diagnose is the first step. When I build an off-road race truck (this is common practices for all Motorsports), I'll cycle the suspension up and down ... side to side. I'll do this by lifting the chassis from the ground, removing the coil springs from the shock and replacing shock back in. Mount wheel and tire on hub and begin moving it to full compression to full drop. Look for interference from the chassis, fenders, etc. Next go full steer lock and go up and down again. This will help identify steering issues. Ball joints will give play and rock with the rubber boots destroyed. Look for rubber bushings worn and bolts not being centered in those bushings. Use a jack under the tire with your car being support by jack stands. That will aide in moving the weight up and down. Safety first. Never get any limbs under the car and watch your fingers when moving parts around. If you can't do this yourself, get a buddy to help or have a professional do it. After you figure it out, parts search... Nissan Fast will help you there which 99% of us have. Next time you post a problem in the future, post a lot of pics and try to explain the problem to the fullest so these guys can help. Most of us really don't want to ask 100 questions to help and most of us get tired of repeating ourselves. Nismoman along with others were accurate in their response. Normally you are to research and make sure the wheels fit before you buy or sell those and buy wheels that do. Have a great one buddy and best of luck.

Hi guys, after some advice. What mods will I have to do to make these wheels fit? 18x8.5 +35 front 18×9.5 +30 rear. Will this be a aggressive fitment? Hoping it will flush. Car is 1995 r33 gtst. Thanks ?

Hi guys, after some advice. What mods will I have to do to make these wheels fit? 18x8.5 +35 front 18×9.5 +30 rear. Will this be a aggressive fitment? Hoping it will flush. Car is 1995 r33 gtst. Thanks ?

Thats a fairly conservative fitment. Rears will sit flush with a nice big tyre like a 265/35. Front's will sit in the guard a bit. I ran that fitment with my old rotors seen here

e54b056b-50e6-43e0-9ce2-d16e01a7e94a_zps

235/40 on the front and 265/35 on the rear