SAU Community

Infringement Notice - Speeding

Blade

Quick question,

I got pulled over today on the eastern for speeding, i always give the car a good squirt after the hairpin from hoddle

I pass the cop 3 lanes away and i saw him pretty much straight away and got on the brakes but it was too late by then.

He stated i was doing easily more then 140, and that he should take my car of me, took my license then sat in his car for 10 minutes then came out and didnt give me a notice, handed me back my license and said "ull be getting something in the mail"

He had no radar just his calibrated speedo, and 30 years experience.

Question is am i screwed...how come he didnt give me an infringement notice - dont they have to give u one on the spot, i cant find any info anywhere.

as far as i know to issue a ticket they have to have a radar read out, or be able to follow you for 50mtrs? i think thats right. most of the time when they dont get a read out but can tell your speeding they try and get you to admit how fast you were going and book you on that.

ps. same thing happened to me, but i got nothing in the mail.

oh and blade... to answer ur question i believe the only recorse you have is to bend over and take it like man!!!

hahaha

"thank u sir may i have another!"

oh and blade... to answer ur question i believe the only recorse you have is to bend over and take it like man!!!

hahaha

"thank u sir may i have another!"

thats cheap, he should of given it too me on the spot, obvously he couldnt make up his mind on what speed i was doing

they can send it in the mail, so i dare say your getting a court summons as he's going for your license.

Wait till it comes then see whats in the statement etc.

If its over 50mteres then a good lawyer will win it for you.

ouch.... that sux,,, i DRIVE. n is it true they have 5 operational speed cameras on the eastern? DRIVINGfor 2 years n neva seem to get busted *touches wood*

but cops on the eastern are bs! i drove home from northcote from work one saturday nite and was tailed and overtaken by a cop doin 120+. when he was on my ass he pressured me to go bit fasta so i did 110, he then over took me n did 120+ (i was doing 120 behind him all the way to springvale rd). the good thing that came out of this though it is that everyone decided to keep with the cop so we all did 120 lol.

EDIT - R31Nismoid

I shouldnt need to say why. PM me if you dont know.

-ash

A simillar thing happend to me. I was doing a bit over 90 in the back streets near my joint, and 2 unmarked cop cars pinned me. the first cop was being a pain the arse, the second said something like "Youll be lucky to get away with JUST loosing your licence for this." but the pair of them didnt get a speed on me and i didnt confes to what speed i was doing so. 2 weeks later i got a fine for 9Km/h over the speed limit (1 point - i didnt argue with that) and also for driving a car too powerfull, driving a manule and not to mention driving an un-registered car...

For your sake lets just hope they dont send anything. However if you do get something, If I was you, I'd take it to court.

Did you admit you were speeding? Thats probably what he was trying to get you to do. Chances are he knew you were doing it, but knew he couldn't prove it so he did the next best thing, scare you - nothing worse than 'waiting' to get in trouble, sometimes worse than the punishment itself.

thanks for the replys,

i didnt admit to speeding, however i did ask him how does he verify what speed i was doing when he doesnt have a radar,

and he just said he has 30 years of experience, and he knows that i was easly over 100, against his CALIBRATED speedo lol.

i however was in the wrong so i didnt argue, but i didnt admit to what speed i was doing at all. I felt guilty as hell, cause it was obvious i was hammering it ;)

A simillar thing happend to me. I was doing a bit over 90 in the back streets near my joint, and 2 unmarked cop cars pinned me. the first cop was being a pain the arse, the second said something like "Youll be lucky to get away with JUST loosing your licence for this." but the pair of them didnt get a speed on me and i didnt confes to what speed i was doing so. 2 weeks later i got a fine for 9Km/h over the speed limit (1 point - i didnt argue with that) and also for driving a car too powerfull, driving a manule and not to mention driving an un-registered car...

For your sake lets just hope they dont send anything. However if you do get something, If I was you, I'd take it to court.

what kind of fine do you get for driving a car too powerful on p-plates?

my mate had the same thing happen.was doing 80kms but cop didnt have a radar.all he said was ive had 20yrs experience and i no u where doing 80kms,ssaid he was getting something in the mail and never did

what kind of fine do you get for driving a car too powerful on p-plates?

They didnt itemise it. they just sent one letter with a $853 fine inside. they said the fine for driving an unregistered car was min of $511 and then I think the other $342 was for speeding and the power to wehgt. A mate reccons the fine is something like $50 or $60 for power to weight.

They didnt itemise it. they just sent one letter with a $853 fine inside. they said the fine for driving an unregistered car was min of $511 and then I think the other $342 was for speeding and the power to wehgt. A mate reccons the fine is something like $50 or $60 for power to weight.

ah cool. nothin major then...

as long as they dont get me on a daily basis lol