SAU Community

Dirtgarage To Relocate To Wa

Guest DIRTgarage

Guest DIRTgarage

DIRTgarage is currently considering moving to WA. Want to find out where the best places are in relation to lifestyle,housing market, workshops, race tracks etc. Looking around the Perth/Freemantle area. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul and Stacey

DIRTgarage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul and Stacey,

I was just re-reading your article in one of my old AutoSalon Mag's ;)

The only real racetrack is Wanneroo, which is 30mins north of the City, with a few nice suburbs relatively close, Ellenbrook, The Vale, The Vines etc. There a few existing workshops in the area, HyperDrive, OvaBoost.

If you want any advice feel free to give me a buzz. 0422 972 195

Cheers

Paul

President of SAUWA

Edited by GTS-t VSPEC

Guest two.06l
Hi Paul and Stacey,

I was just re-reading your article in one of my old AutoSalon Mag's ;)

The only real racetrack is Wanneroo, which is 30mins north of the City, with a few nice suburbs relatively close, Ellenbrook, The Vale, The Vines etc. There a few existing workshops in the area, HyperDrive, OvaBoost.

Cheers

Paul

President of SAUWA

Stay tuned for an update on the car and another full feature in next months HPI magazine.

What about Drag strips??

Drag Strips there is Kwinana (lets put it this way - racetrack is way up north ..... drag strip is way down south) - and the closest suburb to that is Rockingham which is WA's capital of preganent 15 year olds.

The Kwinana Motorplex is an excellent facility, www.motorplex.com.au, but I wouldn't personally want to live down that way. We should have two official Sports Compact events each year, stay tuned for details to be announced soon. There are weekly Wednesday night runs, plus monthly Friday nights for ANDRA members.

BTW, way up north is only 30mins drive from the city, and way down south is only a 30mins drive from the city, women are prone to exageration :P

Edited by GTS-t VSPEC

um how long does it take from us to get from my house to your house mister - 45 mins? and that isn't even as far up as the track or as low down as the drag strip.

Anyway around fremantle is nice just depends on your budjet - cna be a bit costly anywhere that's near water.

Best way is to come over here - have a looka round and you'll get a feel for where you want to be.

whynot move to sydney, seriously why would you wanna moove to the bush for man, dont do it, youll only go backwards

Yeah because really we are a bunch of spear chuckers who eat grubs and still use smoke signals as a form of communication :lol:

Guest DIRTgarage
Hi Paul and Stacey,

I was just re-reading your article in one of my old AutoSalon Mag's :cheers:

Cheers

Paul

President of SAUWA

Thanks for the feedback Paul, was looking to find out where are the better suburbs in close to the city,cafe's, eateries, nightlife, sporting venues.....looked on the net and Subiaco and Burswood look the goods...as does Victoria park and Como.

Am i on the money here or is there some places you locals know about that are up and coming hotspots?

Stace has had a job offer in Freemantle and I do not have any hassles transferring over there for my work.

Guest DIRTgarage
whynot move to sydney, seriously why would you wanna moove to the bush for man, dont do it, youll only go backwards

Already done Sydney....the place is full of bigheads and wannabe's

Guest DIRTgarage
Subi is the place to be. I've lived there for four years now. Great scene as far as nightlife and eating.

Ahh my two favorite things when im not behind the wheel........drinking and eating!

Mirkop/ wrecked head / always me etc

You really are a tosser aren't you ??

Dirt garage , Subi is good but a bit pricey , try looking at Vic Park/Burswood near the Causeway or Rivervale.

Mind you if you are going to work in Freo, the daily drive is a pain from any of those areas.

Cheers

Ken

Mt Lawley is another good area, close to the city, nightlife, eateries etc.

IMHO, your best option is to pop over for a quick look around, and visit some of the suburbs. The area's closer to the city tend to have older houses and are more expensive, some of the suburbs further out are newer, bigger houses etc.

Give us some idea of what your work will be, and we may be able to provide better advice.

Cheers

Paul

Guest DIRTgarage
Mt Lawley is another good area, close to the city, nightlife, eateries etc.

IMHO, your best option is to pop over for a quick look around, and visit some of the suburbs. The area's closer to the city tend to have older houses and are more expensive, some of the suburbs further out are newer, bigger houses etc.

Give us some idea of what your work will be, and we may be able to provide better advice.

Cheers

Paul

Im an electrician and work with a large communications firm,travel does not bother me as they supply me with a company vehicle,they said ill work in the city/south of the city mostly. Stacey works in Local Government and she will be based in Freemantle.

Looking at spending $500,000-$700,000 on house/appartment (must have garageing).....but buying a cheaper older house does not phase us as we have done some great renovations in the past.

Will be looking at coming over soon to check thing out for ourselves.

Why do ppl who live in the northern burbs always feel the need to bag the southern burbs???? Some kinda complex issues?

Perth is Perth north or south they both have their good and questionable areas.

Freo is a bit pricey if you ask me. try lookin at the suburbs just around freo like

Melville, Palmyra, Bicton, Attadale, Booragoon and Winthrop

These suburbs area closer to the strip rather than the track.

Hope you find a house in an area that is to your liking.

Cheers

Edited by R33 Impul

Guest DIRTgarage
Why do ppl who live in the northern burbs always feel the need to bag the southern burbs???? Some kinda complex issues?

Perth is Perth north or south they both have their good and questionable areas.

Freo is a bit pricey if you ask me. try lookin at the suburbs just around freo like

Melville, Palmyra, Bicton, Attadale, Booragoon and Winthrop

These suburbs area closer to the strip rather than the track.

Hope you find a house in an area that is to your liking.

Cheers

Thanks impul.....will check those out too....As the tight arse government department she will be working for do not supply a vehicle for her over there, will have to look at places close to transport to Freo or near Freo.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yep, I was supprised. Its all about flow rather then housing size.  Doing G35-900 Vs ATR45SS-1 Next. 62mm V 61mm. 
    • Of course sometimes you cannot go with the cheaper alternative but I try to weigh it up for the application - am I competing or am I going to the track ten times p/yr. As long as there’s enough information out there to back the cheaper alternative as a good option I’ll go for that.   I’m a bit of a bastard though as it’s my job to reduce costs, particularly on non income generating assets. EUR 500 saved for the diff + EUR 1,000 saved on BC racing over Bilstein and then say EUR 300 versus EUR 600 on an off brand windscreen versus OEM (for example) soon accumulates. I mean, I’m probably gonna put the car in the ditch anyway. Absolutely do not take this as a justification for always buying cheap shitty parts, just a rationale for doing your research and considering what’s necessary for your application.    
    • All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?