SAU Community

R33 Gtst Vs Vl Turbo

Ive searched and could not come up with any answers.

To cut a long story short speaking to a guy on another forum and he reckons that his vl running standard boost will beat most skylines??? is this true? i dont see how, with a vlt being 150kw standard and skyline being 187kw standard?

what is the deal?

Thanks,

Paradizzle.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

yeh ive own a vlt with high mount to4b,manual,forged motoe and shit,still running standard comp but will go very hard once run in.but anyway b4 it had all that it would never have beat a r33gtst as mates old one was faster for sure

i dont think its possible bcoz stock VLT does 15s. Maybe stock boost on modded VLTs?! My Vl makes 180rwkw-7psi - 245-14psi. Or stocky VLts with FMIC & 3"Exhaust+14psi, will do 13s with auto. that would keep up with lightly moded skyline

What exactly is the point of these XXX vs YYY threads? If you are asking what would run what stock for stock then sure but as people start bringing modifications into it the thread quickly turns to crap...

Edited by sewid

What exactly is the point of these XXX vs YYY threads? If you are asking what would run what stock for stock then sure but as people start bringing modifications into it the thread quickly turns to crap...

exactly. and even if you are asking stock vs stock, it wouldnt take long on the net to find out the stock factory performance figures for any pair of cars.

Sure vlts are potentially very quick, but as said once you bring mods in any POS can run 10's!

lets not get into POS's.

One final word from me...

The VL has absolutely hopeless torsional rigidity and very poorly sorted handling.

It is scary to drive as a stock N/A. Sad fact is that a VN is worse! Unless you dump money into a VL along with engine mods it's gonna be a shocker.

The R33 on the other hand has excellent body integrity - you can see with that huge box section between the back seat and the boot firewall.

Handling as bad as it is stock, is something that even modern Commodores are not really comparable.

T.

Get it right Pete. With stock turbo running 3 bar boost mateeeeeeeeeeeee.

heheh Don't forget the stock injectors.

With regards to its regidity, I've had a VL in the past and it was stiffer than the VS I owned.

The pic I've attached.. What chassis rails. :)

The VL's are a nice car though, excellent for their time and long after.

Drop a FMIC a bit of boost in to them and they are up around the 180rwkw easily. They weigh in at around 1400kg's so very similiar to that of the R33 GTST.

post-382-1124765306.jpg

Edited by Cubes

Totally stock vs totally stock i'd give it to the 25GTS-T

Although neither are particularly fast in standard form.

Dont however under estimate the potential of the humble single cam RB30ET.

I got my old R31 to 340+rwHP a lot cheaper than I am atm with my RB26 ;)

^^^^^^^^^ Stock VS Stock aint likely to happen with cars of there age so if u thought bout it its very likely both cars are modded and if thats the case i would have to go with the R33 GTS-t