R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cut in the groove, so use the 350 mm position.

:happy: cheers :laugh:

350mm position for the both front and rear right?

Do I have to move the groove down to set ride height to 355/345? I thought it already set up for 355/345 when got deliverd from jamex?

By the way Gary, whats the progress on my standerd strut tops?

Cheers

Chinthana

350mm position for the both front and rear right?

Do I have to move the groove down to set ride height to 355/345? I thought it already set up for 355/345 when got deliverd from jamex?

By the way Gary, whats the progress on my standerd strut tops?

Cheers

Chinthana

Yes, the Bilstein circlips should be in the 355/345 grooves. But every car is different.

PM sent regarding standard strut tops.

:( cheers :laugh:

My rear shocks are leaking..

So need to gather some money first..

My question is:

Will there be a ride difference if i just buy rear shocks n springs?? Later on in the year i will buy the fronts offcourse..

Just atm, im at uni so im a little broke..

Also i know you live like a min away, so is pickup an option lol??

cheers

My rear shocks are leaking..

So need to gather some money first..

My question is:

Will there be a ride difference if i just buy rear shocks n springs?? Later on in the year i will buy the fronts offcourse..

Just atm, im at uni so im a little broke..

Also i know you live like a min away, so is pickup an option lol??

cheers

No problem with going for just rear springs and shocks to start with. Just set the circlip heights so that it doesn't look funny (rear down) with the lowered springs in the rear until you get the fronts. PM sent.

:) cheers :)

All good things come to those who wait. Finally received my Bilstiens for my R33 GTST. It was worth the wait. They have completely tranformed the car. Even though I am only using the standard springs and sway bars my steering is now much lighter and body roll has been reduced considerably. Thanks Gary for your help.

David

Got my springs, shocks and camber kit today.

Thanks Gary for arranging and keeping me informed through the process.

I am sure the other members from this group buy think the same. Hats off to you.

FYI

I have factory springs and shocks - of which the springs have been cut to give 340mm ride on all four corners (and 345mm on one corner!!!)

Needless to say it bottoms out, the ride is extremely harsh, and you can feel every bump on the road. The car has done 100k kms.

The previous owner from Japan didnt do the best work... *BITCH SLAP*

Once fitted I will post my thoughts on the new ride "comfort" so others can read about the difference this kit makes from the crap handling I had before.

Sorry all, I have been out of action for 3 days, somebody gave me a nice little virus. So the PM inbox filled up, but it has been cleared now. So if you could n’t get a message though over the last couple of days please try again.

For those that did get a PM in before the overflow, please be patient I will get to them all sometime today (or tonight).

:laugh: Cheers :rant: