SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

what is the maximum amount of neg. camber you can get with the KCA347

Depends on the ride height.

At standard ride height, 375 mm (centre of wheel to guard), they have 0.25 degrees negative standard. Plus 0.25 degrees on the standard adjuster, plus 0.75 degrees with one KCA347 kit = 1.25 degrees negative. With 2 x KCA347 kist that's 2.00 degrees negative.

At the lowest recommended ride height, 340 mm (centre of wheel to guard), they have 1.75 degrees negative. Plus 0.25 degrees on the standard adjuster, plus 0.75 degrees with one KCA347 kit = 2.75 degrees negative. With 2 x KCA347 kist that's 3.25 degrees negative.

As usual, that varies slightly from car to car.

:P cheers :whistling:

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sk, i was just wondering about the price on the front camber adjust bushes, u have listed the rrp at $320, i was just on the whiteline site and the price on there is only $163 for the set(it says it contains two items), is there a mistake there?? dont want to pay too much if i dont have too, cheers

sk, i was just wondering about the price on the front camber adjust bushes, u have listed the rrp at $320, i was just on the whiteline site and the price on there is only $163 for the set(it says it contains two items), is there a mistake there?? dont want to pay too much if i dont have too, cheers

Whiteline lowered the price after I set up the listing, so the new Group Buy price is Whitelines current price -15%. I confirm all prices in the PM's, so you know exactly what each item costs.

Note that Whiteline's online prices exclude GST (so add 10%) plus freight.

:) Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

I got my Bilstein strut setup from you probably a year ago now. Performs well through the Adelaide hills, really need to get the bigger sway bars to tighten it up a bit though.

My car makes a 'crack' noise when reversing on full lock, just a single crack.

My tyre mechanic said it is the suspension, something to do with the spring rotating on the end cap, and then letting go. Do you know if this is true? Does something need to be lubricated in there?

Thanks for your help,Trav.

Gary,

need the full kit, got no money - paranoid that the shocks with the custom valves will run out and I'll be left having to go to Fulcrum for the Teins.

I know you've said you're dependant on other countries making big orders to get more stock.

How is the current availability?

May have to get the shocks then later get springs, bushes, sway bars etc as I assume the shocks are the only customised/hard to get bits?

Mike

Hi Gary,

I got my Bilstein strut setup from you probably a year ago now. Performs well through the Adelaide hills, really need to get the bigger sway bars to tighten it up a bit though.

My tyre mechanic said it is the suspension, something to do with the spring rotating on the end cap, and then letting go. Do you know if this is true? Does something need to be lubricated in there?

Mine does the same thing (it's jmac's old 34) on full lock sometimes.

Hi Gary,

The spring doesn't rotate, it's not a MacPherson strut, Skylines (R32/33/34) are double wishbone front and rear. Maybe worn radius rod bushes or upper control arm bushes.

Stabiliser bars are the best value for money handling upgrade you can do, road or track.

:( Cheers :D

Gary,

need the full kit, got no money - paranoid that the shocks with the custom valves will run out and I'll be left having to go to Fulcrum for the Teins.

I know you've said you're dependant on other countries making big orders to get more stock.

How is the current availability?

May have to get the shocks then later get springs, bushes, sway bars etc as I assume the shocks are the only customised/hard to get bits?

Mike

Plenty of stock of R33GTST Bilsteins at the moment. Will be able to accept credit card payment from 1st May.

:( cheers :D

The spring doesn't rotate, it's not a MacPherson strut, Skylines (R32/33/34) are double wishbone front and rear. Maybe worn radius rod bushes or upper control arm bushes.

I dont know much about suspension, but im guessing radius rod bushes and upper control arm bushes are different from:

Front Castor Kit, Camber Kit Front, Sub Frame Alignment and Stabaliser Bar sets you sell...

Are these tricky to replace? Am i best to take it somewhere and get them to supply and install new bushes?

I dont know much about suspension, but im guessing radius rod bushes and upper control arm bushes are different from:

Front Castor Kit, Camber Kit Front, Sub Frame Alignment and Stabaliser Bar sets you sell...

Are these tricky to replace? Am i best to take it somewhere and get them to supply and install new bushes?

Radius rod bushes = Front Castor Kit

Front upper control arm bushes = Front Camber Kit

Rear upper control arm bushes = Rear Camber Kit

Rear Sub Frame Alignment Kit = Pineapples

Stabiliser Bar = anti roll bar = sway bar

The recommended suspension workshops are on page one of this thread.

You need a 10 tonnes press to remove the old, worn out, standard, fixed bushes and to replace them with the new, polyurethane, adjustable buhes. Except the Rear Sub Frame Alignment Kit and the Stabiliser Bars, they are DIY with normal home garage tools.

:domokun: Cheers :yes: