SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

SK, I don't actually have a PM from you. Maybe you replied to someone else or didnt hit send?

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, I get 30 to 40 PM's a day, no space to keep my responses either, the PM box fills up too quick. Sorry, but I don't remember every PM. If you have not yet received a reply, then please try resending the PM.

:domokun: Cheers :yes:

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary, you have PM regarding the R33 setup :)

Also, for a 345mm wctg height, will 1 or 2 of the KCA347 kits be needed to sort the rear alignment?

With the coilovers I have now it sits at a height of 345, and the tyrewear is horrible on the rear, only getting 1/2 a tyres worth on the outer edge. It appears to be about -2.5/3.0 degrees now, so would it need 2 kits?

Cheers

Edited by Hotwire

Hey gary, i posted in the spring thread about the spring rates on my R31 for the kings but really mainly after the rears, thats all kewl and am eagerly awaiting the news, but my next Q is i have now read the group buy section and was wondering what you can do for the rear of my skyline. Now i know i can fit S13 shocks in, so that might help, but is there a replacement for the 31 and is it worth me actually changing over to bilstiens?? I drive the car to and from work every day(costs me a fortune) and also drag race it. I'm looking to lower the spring rate in the rear to give a better ride comfort and squat in the rear but still give that sporty feel. Is it worth goign to east coast suspensions(round the corner) or can you help me out. The chassis feels a little underdeveloped(compared to the rest of the car) and would like to see what i can do with it.

Cheers

Robb

P.s. tried Pming you and your box is full. thanks

Hi Gary, still waiting on an R33 front camber kit to arrive at DTS, Belco ACT. Sent two PMs, no reply. 10 days ago you said shipping was delayed due to a company merge and that you would have a shipping number/con note that night or the next day - no response since then. Can you PM me or something so I know what's going on? Thanks.

Hi guys, my inbox is filling up faster than I can respond to the PM’s. I usually get 30 to 40 PM’s a day. With the current delay in delivery, that has increased to 40 to 50 per day and I just can’t keep up with that sort of volume. Particularly as some of the more technical PM’s take 10 to 15 minutes each to reply to and my available time has decreased dramatically for reasons which will become obvious shortly.

I feel that I need to “broadcast” a Group Buy update until I can clear the backlog of PM’s. Here is the current situation;

1. A little back ground first. As you may be aware Redranger and Whiteline merged a couple of months ago. The first step was a merger of Sales, Marketing and Distribution functions and Whiteline’s Minto premises were simply not large enough to accommodate this. So the premises adjacent to Redranger at Somersby were acquired and that was utilised for the larger, merged entity. Some people have taken this as a sign that Redranger “took over” Whiteline, when that is in fact not the case, it is a true merger.

The Whiteline manufacturing premises at Minto remain. More news on that shortly.

2. How this affects the Group Buys. Many of the products that I specified for the Group Buy Kits are unique, it is what makes the kits “work” better than any other Skyline suspension update. This uniqueness has been possible because of my knowledge of the systems within Whiteline (plus Bilstein, of course). The Redranger merger has disrupted that system and the “unique” (to the Group Buy) parts have not been flowing through as they had previously.

3. The good news. I have been working 14 hours a day, every day, for the last week, including yesterday (Saturday) helping to clear that backlog of orders. As a result, all of the Group Buy orders should be delivered this week. At this point I can’t tell you what day your individual order will be delivered. But as they flow through the system I will inform you of the con note numbers as soon as they are issued (the normal system).

In conclusion, I know you probably don’t care about the reasons, you just want your stuff and that is totally understandable. But I felt I had to give some background and let you know that I am working on clearing the backlog (personally as it happens) so that we can return to our previous prompt responses. Please hang off on the PM’s, I promise you that I haven’t skipped off to Brazil with your money. That your stuff will be delivered very shortly.

:) Cheers :(

PS; the fact that I am posting this at 5.55 am on a Sunday morning should give you some indication of the work load right now.

Hi Gary,

Why would my car suspension "rattle" over bumps, small or large. It did it with my old Tein HA's, and kept doing it with my Bilstein setup. Is it normal for skylines with lowered suspension to experience this? Or is it worn bushes, etc?

Thanks mate

It is most certainly not "normal". Something is worn, loose or broken, so you need to carefully inspect all the suspension components that you didn't replace with the Group Buy kit. Start with anything aftermarket that has spherical bearings, they are the most likely candidate.

:) cheers :(

Gary, you have PM regarding the R33 setup :)

Also, for a 345mm wctg height, will 1 or 2 of the KCA347 kits be needed to sort the rear alignment?

With the coilovers I have now it sits at a height of 345, and the tyrewear is horrible on the rear, only getting 1/2 a tyres worth on the outer edge. It appears to be about -2.5/3.0 degrees now, so would it need 2 kits?

Cheers

Every car is different. For camber kits this is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Since your 345 mm rear falls in the 2nd group, I would suggest that 1 kit will be enough. Since it is much easier (cheaper) to fit the first kit, they go in the upper arms, I would suggest that you do that first and see what the result is. Fitting a second kit, they go in the uprights (hubs), and so the time (cost) to fit is much higher.

:) cheers :(

Hi Gary, you said to let you know if I don't have the kit by now but also that PMs won't get through to you, so I'm posting here as well - I don't have the kit yet.

I have cleared 50 or so PM's this morning, so the inbox has a litte space.

You camber kit was delivered on the 30th April, PM sent with details.

:) Cheers :(

FAR OUT. #(*%(*%& I wonder if it's just sitting there - I told them to ring me when it came. I'll find out Monday morning when they open, thanks man. I know you've done a lot of hard work for everyone here :) I'll let you know what happened either way. Cheers Gary.