SAU Community

Finding Trigger For Amp In Boot

benl1981

Front speakers will run but not the rears that are running off the amp. antenna may be ok but what happens if you are playing CDs - the amp turns off :)

Maybe Ill just use the HU trigger and hope I dont run the battery down if im just listening to music in the car when car isnt going...

ok now i understand, i assumed you were running all speakers off the amp. you could just wire in a switch (from jaycar or something) to manually turn the amp on/off from drivers seat. That way you could choose to use it or not. But as long as you aren't pumping the music then the amp won't drain the battery to fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Run your amp so it's switched by your head unit when it's on. Mount a simple toggle switch or similar to break the circuit and kill the amp when you do not want it to run.

That way you just have a manual overide.

think about where you might want to mount the switch? Centre consol, some where in the dash etc. Run into dick smith and see what they have they will mount easily and not look to out of place.

You could use any 2 position switch. It would only have to carry 2 amps or some thing like that so any thing will switch it.