What Skyline For $20,000?

alphabeatsco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but i thought 1989 GTR R32 is getting real old. and two problems

1. engine leaks and car problems

2. shortage of parts if require replacement..

i was thinking of a newer car like skyline series 2? 1996 or 1998 model.

wat u guys think..give me some ideas

im looking at R33 Series 2 GTS-T's at the moment, and you could get a nice 1 for $20k...my max is about $18k, and there is still some nice 1's....

seen this?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...opic=70706&st=0

or this

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=81085

or with $5k to spend on mods :wacko:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0entry1564583

$20k buys you a 15year old $100k car that is totally stuffed. Expect to pay $20k on it on the first year.

33GTS-T would be a way more viable option for that sort of $

for that you could get a nice 32 grt stock and then move on from there

what could be better with that money       MMMMMMMMMM GTR

wooh...seems like the r32 aint the way to go man, parts break ....

so r33 will be a better option? then will the r33 give me lots of problems? honest answerss please.

if you're so worried about things giving you problems or breaking down, buy a pushbike

its a car, shits gonna happen

It wont give you as many problems as a R32. I have owned my R33 Series 2 for over 2 years and not 1 thing has gone mechanically wrong. Still drives like a new car.

If you buy an R32 GT-R you have no clue about the state of the engine and the probability is high that it was trashed in japan. Not to mention its way too old now lol

go for the newest and the cleanest car u find, most likely a s2 R33 in that price range..

i had my s2 r33 for almost 5 years, i have put on about 80,000 ks in that time, and not a single thing has gone wrong!!

be carfeul and dont buy a tired car, it will cost you on the long run.

go for the newest and the cleanest car u find, most likely a s2 R33 in that price range..

i had my s2 r33 for almost 5 years, i have put on about 80,000 ks in that time, and not a single thing has gone wrong!!

be carfeul and dont buy a tired car, it will cost you on the long run.

how many k's did your car have when u bought it

Depends on what you want.

If you want raw power, aggresive looks, go the R32 GTR....

BUT....u need spare money, stuff breaks, and by the time its running 100% u'll have had spent a fair bit extra.

If u want realiability and a newer car, then def. go a s2 R33. Nice, reliable, enough power, only downside it is perhaps THE most common import along with s13s. Plus it won't blow ur budget, they are relatively cheap to maintain, when compared to a GTR

Yes a GTR is a GTR......but the expenses don't stop once u hand over the cash, it's an ongoing expense.

how many k's did your car have when u bought it

50 odd thousand..

but the car felt very tight and was/is very very clean inside and out and it wasnt moded apart from cat back and filter...

i was very patient, it took 8 months to find her, but was worth the effort, and i enjoyed/still enjoy modding her slowly over the years to my taste.

Depends on what you want.

If you want raw power, aggresive looks, go the R32 GTR....

BUT....u need spare money, stuff breaks, and by the time its running 100% u'll have had spent a fair bit extra.

If u want realiability and a newer car, then def. go a s2 R33. Nice, reliable, enough power, only downside it is perhaps THE most common import along with s13s. Plus it won't blow ur budget, they are relatively cheap to maintain, when compared to a GTR

Yes a GTR is a GTR......but the expenses don't stop once u hand over the cash, it's an ongoing expense.

Also forgot to mention, with 20g u will struggle to find a nice GTR, whereas, u could EASILY acquire a nice s2 r33 within that budget.

So you have 20K to spend. Are you budgeting spare parts and labour for things you might have to fix? Reason I'm asking is that people go out and spend all their money purchasing a car and not budgeting for things the might go wrong.

If I only 20K to spend I'll be looking to buy a R32GTST or a Cefiro (or something sufficiently lower than 20K) which will also allow me to have some spare cash for any problems that may arise.