SAU Community

Dual Exhaust Ideas... 80mm => Scraping

RBsileighty

I did run a full twin stainless from off the front pipes(2x3").It scraped around the rear diff area so welded small plates where it scraped. The car was too low i admit however.With only small rear mufflers,it had the typical gtr scream but with a gurgle added to it. Now have a full titanium 90mm and it is just as loud and scraped.Lesson:if you have a small gap between the top of the tyre and the guard,it generally doesnt scrape.

P.S.full stainless twin and front pipes for sale(under 300km old)In the process of putting in a couple of hotdog style mufflers to quieten it down.Unbelievable sound for track work!!

im thinking of the twin 3" idea but how do i fit twin mufflers? do u step them along obviously and u run the pipes alongside each other?

my rb26 with twins had 3" dumps, merging to 4" cat and then into single 3.5" with 2 mufflers and its f**kin annoying as hell, it wakes people 10 streets away when idleing :P

anyone got pics of setups of where the situate the mufflers to quieten it down :)

cheers

Brad

Any exhaust made from anything other than mild steel is loud (due to wall thickness)

Mine is a straight through system - ie no cat, no mid mufflers, no hot dogs. Just 2 x 3" Jasma mufflers on the rear thats it....Its very quiet, and it doesnt drone.

Below is a pic of part of my system. It has since been modified to fit my car (was off an r33) The hangers are chopped and rewelded, and the flange has been cutoff and its now a single 3.5" into twin pipes after the cat. The system shown stops before the diff.

post-3692-1127534906.jpg

Edited by Bl4cK32

If going duals on a twin-turbo GTR would it be best to go a crossover pipe from the dump/front pipes like most V8's do with pipes from each cyclinder bank?

yep, thats what i was told to do otherwise the sound its horrid!

doesnt have to but a huge one either, just enough to balance pulses... or something like that