SAU Community

Is This A Good Deal?

GFunk

i'm getting a r32 rb26dett (compression tested 160 all the way through), ecu and loom, used large hybrid intercooler kit. all in very good condition. All installed into my 32 gtst, so all labour included. $7,000 tuned and running. Is this a good deal?? or should i keep looking

I would say its a good deal, BUT, i would like to see some of their work first as it sounds too good to be a decent job!

Its a fairly straight forward swap but there is a bit more than just dropping the engine in the hole!!!! most shops will charge you about $6k for just an engine and box!!

i want to do the same,tell us what transmission,diff and tail shaft you will be using please. i think i was quoted around $10,000 6months ago at SSS automotive,but didn't get into detail.

i'm not getting everything in the frontcut though, just engine intercooler, ecu and loom. as far as i know using my transmission, diff and tail shaft.

A mate organised it through a friend at extreme automotive, i think??? i know they are doing the work

don't scare me by saying that, shit.

i want to use mt gearbox cuz i just put an new clutch in. Do you's think it would be a good idea to get the rb26 gearbox as well??????

dude go out and buy a rb25 box the clutchs are all the same u will need new tailshaft and speedo drive i did a neo into my 32 and i know the gearbox wont last long at all

I went through RB20 gearboxes with a 180rwkw rb20 180sx. Albiet i did drive it hard sometimes its not hugely powerful. Also had a friend with an rb25 180 which had 250rwkw and an rb20 box, which he went through 2 in a few months. An rb26 would just chew through them and it becomes a pain in the arse getting towed all the time.

don't scare me by saying that, shit.

i want to use mt gearbox cuz i just put an new clutch in. Do you's think it would be a good idea to get the rb26 gearbox as well??????

I would look at having some spare cash laying about just in case it needs rebulding... as yes, the R32 RB26 is prone to some small problems which become rather huge in the end :P