SAU Community

R33 Sii - My Gt30 Upgrade Is Done. Lots Of Pics

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jono, so how'd things turn out for ya, its a shame to see things not going to plan.. I reckon you should a least go and see Pratty, for that second opinion.... can't hurt can it? that and i'm good mates with a guy for the airport that flys a helicopter so avgas isn't that hard to come by if you wanted to try some for a tune... (although it's not exactly a cost effective solution)..

That or you could start from scratch with a LINK :( 229kw's stock turbo....

I don't want to push any buttons here cause i was just trying to offer any help (and a light stab), but wasn't 2rismo pulling beyond that kinda power on a stock turbo... (sure NOS helps but......)

I really cant see why 229 is such a stretch on a Link when i said stock turbo, i never said what i had done to the rest of the car...(nor did say it was a safe power figure and may not live very long, however driven sedately enough anything will last) but i'm sure if went and spoke to Grant, jono he would be happy to back that up....

I don't want to push any buttons here cause i was just trying to offer any help (and a light stab), but wasn't 2rismo pulling beyond that kinda power on a stock turbo... (sure NOS helps but......)

but what? a 100hp shot of nos is a 100hp shot of nos.

Of course its going to give you a gain.

at the end of the day, 230rwkw from a stock turbo is 100% bullsh|t mate unless there is something other than pump fuel or other additives. Even then... :O

Please tell us how a link ECU can strech the power well past what the turbo pyshically can make, and has been proven to make in how many 100's of cars... maye even 1000's of cars?

If its running AFR's of death to achieve "magical numbers", then thats hardly the ECU, thats a muppet tuner/owner. A "Link" is not magically going to see an improvement at all.

Its not a better ECU, its worse.

but what?    a 100hp shot of nos is a 100hp shot of nos.

Of course its going to give you a gain.

at the end of the day, 230rwkw from a stock turbo is 100% bullsh|t mate unless there is something other than pump fuel or other additives. Even then...  :)

Please tell us how a link ECU can strech the power well past what the turbo pyshically can make, and has been proven to make in how many 100's of cars... maye even 1000's of cars?

If its running AFR's of death to achieve "magical numbers", then thats hardly the ECU, thats a muppet tuner/owner. A "Link" is not magically going to see an improvement at all.

Its not a better ECU, its worse.

okay i don't want to turn this thread into an all out war, but i didn't say that a Link was a better ecu, or that only the link was only thing on my car, or that i was on pump fuel, or anything like that... I really don't care what the better ECU is, a link is what i've got and it works well.... very well infact.... Either way i'm not going to argue, my first post was just to see how Jono's car was going and any help i could offer, yeah i threw in a dig, what's so bad about that....

Just something to think on, if you built a 230kw All motor skyline then added a stock turbo, wouldn't that be a 230kw skyline with a stock turbo.... the point i want to try and get across was you can't bag anyone out that you don't know personally, because you just don't know what they've done to there car....

PEACE....

okay i don't want to turn this thread into an all out war, but i didn't say that a Link was a better ecu, or that only the link was only thing on my car, or that i was on pump fuel, or anything like that... I really don't care what the better ECU is, a link is what i've got and it works well.... very well infact.... Either way i'm not going to argue, my first post was just to see how Jono's car was going and any help i could offer, yeah i threw in a dig, what's so bad about that....

Just something to think on, if you built a 230kw All motor skyline then added a stock turbo, wouldn't that be a 230kw skyline with a stock turbo.... the point i want to try and get across was you can't bag anyone out that you don't know personally, because you just don't know what they've done to there car....

PEACE....

Why so secretive? I don't even know who you are....

230rwkw.. on a stock turbo..hmm.. To get that you're looking at 15psi plus and its a known fact that the stcok turbo will turn its turbine wheel to dust at this type of psi, and its doing as much as a hairdryer would do anyway at this level of boost.

Cams - I think you could get 230rwkw with cams, link and stock turbo.. I don't think the turbo would last long?..

hhmm

Anyone care to elaborate on what I've posted? Could you get 230rwkw on a stock turbo and cams?

Don't forget, that if this person knows me and lives in mackay, he's be using pump grade 95 ron fuel, and its shit house quality.

So yeah, I dunno..

I still dunno why so secretive..

I've made 220rwkw at 14psi but my torque figure has gone up quite a lot. Pulls like a train now, Should be able to get 12's with traction. I doubt I'll get traction though.

Waiting for garrets nice little .63 ex internal gate housing, I'll grab that and fit it, and get some water meth to fix my fuelling problem.

Also, I am getting a second opinion or tuner to fix the mess. I still think its fuel though.

Av gas and I can be running 270rwkw... :)

boost does not make more power period. on a stock turbo over 12psi is just more and more and more and more heat, no more power. youll throw the compressor out of its efficiency zone and throw in stacks more heat. the dyno figures can be "mislead" by various tricks with air temp sensor. i can make my car make 230rwkw also by sticking the air temp sensor in my hand with a cigarette lighter held to it, all of a sudden the air intake is 60deg and ambient is 20deg (lets pretend) standard shootout mode, throw in correction and hey presto 230rwkw.

its not possible period

230rwkw.. on a stock turbo..hmm.. To get that you're looking at 15psi plus and its a known fact that the stcok turbo will turn its turbine wheel to dust at this type of psi, and its doing as much as a hairdryer would do anyway at this level of boost.

Cams - I think you could get 230rwkw with cams, link and stock turbo.. I don't think the turbo would last long?..

hhmm

Anyone care to elaborate on what I've posted? Could you get 230rwkw on a stock turbo and cams?

elaborate as much to say the stock turbo is flowing 2/10's of F*CK ALL above 12/13psi.

you can crank it upto 18psi if you wanted too, doesnt mean its going to make anymore power.

Just something to think on, if you built a 230kw All motor skyline then added a stock turbo,

what on earth are you talking about? :P

update:

Managed to get a standard RB25 exhaust housing and dropped it into the turbo dude in mackay here. On Sunday, I am going to remove my GT30 and drop it into him on monday and he is going to grind up the RB25 housing to fit. I told him to grind it as little as possible to fit in the turbine. He said he needs to leave 100thou clearance for heat expansion.

So, yeah, the weekend after australia day, saturday morning first thing, I'll be re-fitting the turbo...

Hope it works out.........

Also, I am getting him to measure up the VG30 housing against the grinded RB25 to see if the VG30 has been overground.

Will be interesting to see.

While the turbo is off, I am going to fit the "7" heat range plugs (cooler plugs) to see if it stops a little bit of pinging. Maybe I'll get 3 or 4 degrees advance into it from that.

We'll see.

I was told the colder plugs will only affect starting, and when they are cold, I might have to crank it over one extra revolution before it fires.

Anyone got any extra input?

Edited by The Mafia