SAU Community

Trust Vs Hks Turbos

prosman

hey all, just wondering which brand (either Trust or HKS) ppl think is better for a bolt on turbo... eg. GT2530 vs TD-05 and more importantly WHY! ive heard that trust turbos are not water cooled, is there any truth to this??

hey all, just wondering which brand (either Trust or HKS) ppl think is better for a bolt on turbo... eg. GT2530 vs TD-05 and more importantly WHY!  ive heard that trust turbos are not water cooled, is there any truth to this??

Thats true with most of the trust turbo's, also HKS turbo's are modified garret turbo's and they are ball bearing which should help improve spoolup, and they can be rebult with carret internals, that said both trust and hks have excellent reputations so it's up to personal choice.

hey all, just wondering which brand (either Trust or HKS) ppl think is better for a bolt on turbo... eg. GT2530 vs TD-05 and more importantly WHY!  ive heard that trust turbos are not water cooled, is there any truth to this??

Td05 is only oil-cooled,

I wouldnt waste your money on a td05 if your going to buy anything i would do td06-20g with 8 or 10cm rear housing

Are we talking HKS or garrett as althou they are pretty similar i rate hks turbo higher than the plan garrett one.

heres a chart to find you an idea of Hp V's Turbo

turbochart10de0ue.jpg

when i said the GT2530 i was more thinking the HKS version.  from what i've heard theyre definately the way to go over the Garret one.  whats the difference between the two?

if you can find a td05 it should be pretty cheap, i almost bought one a few months back, the thing sold for about $600-$700 i think. compare to the HKS gt2530 which is about $1000-$1500

nothing wrong with plan bearing/oil cooled only turbos :P

Does anyone know where I can get my hands onto a Garrett or HKS bolt-on turbo for a RB25DET between now (Thrus, 6t Oct) to Monday (10-Oct) for around the $1,000 - $1,500 mark?

The workshop trying to source a turbo for me cant get onto any turbo's due to them all being sold out right now as we recently just had Jamboree here in QLD.

I'm pretty much after one really URGENTLY!