SAU Community

Which Ebc Is Best?

|PRESA|

At the moment I have one of those Turbosmart bleed valves..

Would it be an advantage if I got myself an Electronic type boost controller?

If so which would be most suitable Apexi AVC-R, Greddy Profec B II?

I have an Apexi PFC so I was thinking the Apexi AVC-R..

If you have the power fc, why not use the boost kit for it?

it works out cheaper. I was going to go for the AVC-R, but after advice from guys in the know on this forum, changed my mind to the boost kit for the pfc

If u hav the spare cash, Blitz i-color, first full color boost controller on the market, it has combined the Blitz Power ID with the Blitz SBC and given it a full color interface display unit...mind-blowing display, if u want something that holds boost well, GReddy Profec B Spec2 or Profec E-01. I've heard the turbosmart ones hold boost well too. The avc-r is not bad, but definitely not the best in holding boost. However, it's easy to use and pretty comprehensive.

Obviously almost everyone is going to recomend the EBC that they have in their own cars...so I'll do the same :(

I've got a GReddy Profec B Spec II and it does the job for me. It might not have all the snazzy displays of some other EBC's, but it does have most of the functionality that you'll ever need (3 boost settings, gain function, peak hold display, boost warning etc). And most importantly, it holds boost fairly constant through the rev range.

Good value for money :)

Thanks. I tried a search but it wasn't going to be quick...

38 Pages on EBC's :\

I'm leaning towards the boost controller kit for the PFC as it's cheap and has pretty much the same functionality as the AVC-R.

I might add the thing I liked about the Profec B II is the add-on feature you can get with that boost button thingo for the steering wheels :)

I'm going to be using the Turbosmart E-Boost 2 - Apparently, features +++ and controls the extarnal gates NO Problem... So, reviews and peoples experience will be the determining factor I think.... Good Luck in choosing... there is heaps out there.

I second the Jaycar. Its the cheapest and the best.

Make sure you get one that uses the solenoid to completely block off the air flow to the actuator, they work the best in terms of reducing wastegate creep to the lowest possible.

Dose anyone know a good place in Australia to buy the PFC boost kit. can only find it online from nengun and greenline. Just wanting to compare prices with a store located in australia.

At the moment I have one of those Turbosmart bleed valves..

Would it be an advantage if I got myself an Electronic type boost controller?

If so which would be most suitable Apexi AVC-R, Greddy Profec B II?

I have an Apexi PFC so I was thinking the Apexi AVC-R..

Depends on how much boost you eventually want to run. Above about 1.2 bar you probably should go for a dual solenoid setup - in which case I would recommend the Blitz ID III.

Below that a single solenoid Blitz or an Apexi will do a good job.

Best prices are either from Nengun or Greenline etc.

Gentalman i have an E boost 2 fitted to my r33 with small mods

ok let me say when it was installed it was set too high and i did not like it

but an e mail to turbo smart and no s$% i had a phone call less than 5mins later asking wat was wrong

he told me how to set it

now it is the BEST thing i own, no really it is a boost gauge as well

i can do minor adjustment from my cabin and it holds boost well,

very well + dont need to spend $$$$$ on gauge and they are AUSTRALIAN THEY ARE THE BEST END OF STORY

mine cost me $915 installed but i dont think its needs a dyno straight away it has a 1 to 100 setting 30 is 10psi 40 is 14 psi and so on but only on the 40 psi model.

I am on 30 now 10psi but i can stress enough without taking you for a wrap how user friendly they are

ps i dont work for turbo smart but when you find a good product you tell everyone i think + we should have a thread about good mods so we all no wat is good to buy

How much for the Eboost and how much for a jaycar kit?

I just paid $745 (E-Boost 2)and I'll be doing a self install. So, we'll see how it goes... The Jaycar kit, all up plus an hour or 2 of your time cost about <$150 - although, does it have a "BLING" display like the E-Boost (2)?? :angry:

Also, you'll need a boost gauge and that can be anywhere from $80-$$$$$.

Edited by QUIKBLADE