SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

Am thinking about selling the twins so if anyone is interested send me a pm.

They are twin T3/T4s custom manifold and 48mm turbosmart gate. Will come with filters, oil and water lines and dump pipes.

They need to make way for something bigger :geek:

well aint really had a update in awhile, got a service done today, injectors and shit cleaned got front indacators Mazda 323 ftw and fitted front bar. Also a bit of a before and after look, some ppl like it some dont, not really fazzed looks better than it did :D

Before

DSC00276.jpg

After

DSC00536.jpg

Ordered my cam cover gaskets, top plenum gasket, manifold gasket, turbo gaskets, cam cover bolt seals (you dont want to know how much they are) dump & exhaust gaskets. Along with my new turbotech, paint for engine bay detailing, timing belt kit and oil pump.

Paid almost all of the money back i owe to everyone and the above the bank balance doesn't look so great :D

Big thanks to BMS for sourcing some of the gaskets for me and looking after me with his sharpest pencil :P

Here are a few happy snaps of how mines coming along....

:(

how far off til its running?

what are u goin to do about a bonnet? lol

looks tuff as f*k the mightly rb 6l ha ha

Edited by Josh_r32

Just picked up the 400r kit so need to get the front bar and guards painted, and hopefully find a carbon bonnet somewhere and put it all bacl together, get the other part of the cross of the side intrusion bars welded in and paintthe inside and it's ready to rock and roll.

My RB20DET is out of the 31 and stripped to a short block now; was inspected this week so I'm waiting on a quote for machining and assembly. Had spun number four big end and number four piston has some damage to a ring land which looks like it probably contacted the head when the slop got great enough.... However the head looks fine, bores etc are pretty good, crank and rod look saveable.

Most likely just a stock rebuild with new genuine pistons and rings, decent bearings. Thinking of going with an N1 oil pump to insure against another oil pump related failure. Few little toys for the outside, bigger injectors, front mount cooler, Nistune board in the ECU etc.

Edited by floody

• 3 weeks later...

Update for me is i had my car dynoed at boost last week. ive been to bissy helping my new team mate out to post on here much.

specs of the engine are

GTR FMIC

GTR injectors

R34 neo turbo 10psi actuator

custom ic piping.

split dump pipe into 3" straight through exhaust with no mufflers.

GTR power FC

all sitting on a rb25DE

the car pulled 194rwkw with a slipping clutch and was slightly detuned to prolong the life of the clutch which i ended up changing over the weekend so the car got a big birthday.

the car had been tuned before hand by a friend of mine and it felt nice and strong on the 5psi that we were feeding it then.

i am yet to drive the car as its a track only car but i will get to this weekend so im pretty keen to se if there is any difference.

after having it on the dyno ive got the power bug and i want more. its killing me now that without the slipping clutch it could have cracked the 200 mark with would have made me very happy for a budget biuld.

cool. what color will you do it in?

rx7 is progressing slowly, should be faster, but renovating a house and really need to get it sold by oct/nov so we can start building and the car has been put on the back burner. should be finished and racing by years end though.

Edited by t01-100

probably do it same blue as the outside, but not put a clear over it so it's not all shiny. hope to have it back on the road by middle of august. just need a new cooler

Hey man,

I have a spare stock clutch if that helps? You can have it.

Sam

thanks mate but i got a new one to save me any more hassels.

i used the car on the weekend and it was brilliant. it was absolutely magical and proformed well all day. so id have to say i am happy with boosts work. the proof is in the car. but in saying that i havent tried any other people so i wont be jumping over the moon about it just yet.

probably do it same blue as the outside, but not put a clear over it so it's not all shiny. hope to have it back on the road by middle of august. just need a new cooler

I did the same with the silver on mine; doesnt glare that way and looks more purposeful than wanktastic!

Mine is ohh so slowly getting there...

picking up a nice new 55m polished tripple core radiator this arvo for it.

So much needs to be done before its finished.

1.jpg

2.jpg