SAU Community

The Distinct Skyline Smell-r33

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get some japanese cigars and money and mix the smoke with the money and place them under the seat. Japanese money smells real nice. The old trick for new car smell is a dab of high quality axle grease under the seats, but this is carcinogenic to breath. Or just get a new activated carbon filter replacement. Skylines have activated carbon filters you know. This probably causes the nice smell. In my car there is a supplementary air filter system on the rear parcel tray, its black with Japanese smoke. They sure do smoke a lot in Japan.

I have a feeling its the air freshener that is popular in Japan, those little coloured balls that IOWNU mentioned above.

They are a Japanese made brand of car perfume, comes in tallish jars in three distinct colours. Green, Charcoal black, and Blue balls about 3 mm in diametre. Can't remember what the perfumes were called, was in Japanese (can't read it). I do know the charcoal version is meant to absorb odours (had English description on it).

When I was looking at these products I bought the Soft99 brand Carnauba wax, made in Japan.

If anyone thinks there is a market for these Japanese car bead perfumes, I'll bring back some Japanese jars of the stuff next time I go and put them up for sale on Skylines Australia

Edited by Edge

WOW thanks heaps for that edge!!!

Id be interested, and if you live in Sydney you can smell my car b4 you leave to japan, so you know exactly what kind of smell i want.. hahahah..

But nah i would be interested for sure..

I've had my car for 3 years now, have used Armourall religiously and also have had several of those 'plug in deodourants' and yet still have that Skyline smell. I've taken mates for rides who haven't been in my car for ages say to me "how do you keep that new car smell?" I reckon it's some Japanese deodourant that they use to remove cigarette smells; I recently found out that the previous owner smoked quite a bit in my car and when I brought it I had no idea.

"They taste like burning!"

Edited by MacGuyver

I picked up my R33 just the other day and the smell inside was the first thing i noticed...I loved it!

Was thinking the exact same thing, "I wanna keep this smell" so i guess maybe a way to do it is park it in the garage with the windows a lil open. That way any "other" smells go away rather than embed into the fabric....

rofl...i've stumbled into the fetish room.

excuse me..carry on

lol

I imported a box of J-air fresheners. They sure smell nice and mix and give the car the J-smell. I had 2 strawberries and one carbon eater in there. It was perfect mix between too smelly intrusiveness and just enough cleanliness.

Woo.. Time to get beads this time :)

How much did that cost you someonestolecc???

Also where can i get that 'Armourall' stuff from??

you can get that stuff at autobarn or most auto shops. comes in a little spray bottle (if its the stuff that i think it is) and the bottles colour is mostly orange. you spray it on the vinal of your car and rub it in and off. gives the vynl and seatbelts and all that shit a real pretty finish. for those who love to keep their car immaculate all the time. :D

(yay! im being helpful!)

oh. and im pretty sure its under 20 big ones ($) but if not, theres no way in hell its over $30...

Edited by rice_me_up

AHh thanks for that 'rice_me_up'.. 20-30bucks is pretty gd price to keep the distinct smell.

hahah yea i wont use it on the steerin wheel.. guessin speakin from experience from a previous car??

lol nah i just know how it works. I use it on the dash. plastic bits around cluster etc....any rubber/plastic on the doors, console lids hand brake...all that shit. just gives it a nice shine, and protects it from sun damage/cracking etc

Do not touch your car with armourall!!!

It will destroy any vinyl, plastic, rubber, etc.. that it touches. It eventually shrinks things, which forms cracks. It also creates a nightmare for anyone trying to repaint a car that has had armourall used on it. Silicon spray is aslo as bad.

Go to any local auto accessory shop and ask for Meguiars Natural Shine for the interior and Trim Detailer for the exterior and no i don't work for Meguiars, have just found these products to out perform and out last any other products.

Cheers,

Chris.