SAU Community

Cf Bonnets

Leigh

whats the point in having it if your not going to use it if ur ugnna drive around with it u might as well say you have it?

Are you talking about insurance?

Coz it would be a damn shame to be forking out $3000 a year for insurance for a few years just to finally make a claim and have it rejected because you wanted a carbon bonnet.

Its also illegal to have one as its not designed for the car. So technically not even insured

I dont think you can even engineer one due to material used

This is the reason ;)

We all know Police read the forums. Say Joe Bloggs admits he has one in a far fetched or maybe not so world, it gives them something instantly to go after Joe for to defect. People dont want to admit to anything they dont need to. I wouldnt, would you? <_<

Joe with his CF bonnet has an accident that has nothing to do with his bonnet. Most insurance companies seem to be of the opinion, guilty until proven innocent. They dont want to pay out unless they have to. If as a company could get out of a $5K claim on a technicality, would you?

Anyone can and does read the forums. People are aware of that. :D

The only GTR I know of that can have one legally is the N1 which I am sure someone can either confirm or deny as it came from the factory.

I had a carbon bonnet on my R33. Cant tell you about insurance cause i didnt tell them..lol

But i lived around the eastern suburbs next to knox, and YES i got alot of attention. Defect after defect, although none of them were for the bonnet itself..lol. IT draws alot of attention, 2 days after i sold it the guy got defected for the bonnet

ffs. As if saying on here that you have CF bonnet will get you a visit from the cops. As someone said, you drive around with the bloody thing on so what's the diff?

How many of us post that we have bigger injectors, turbo etc and get visits from the cops or the epa?

What a wank.

ffs. As if saying on here that you have CF bonnet will get you a visit from the cops.  As someone said, you drive around with the bloody thing on so what's the diff?

How many of us post that we have bigger injectors, turbo etc and get visits from the cops or the epa?

What a wank.

A very constructive reply there from an Exec. ;)

All I know is I wouldnt be putting a post up about doing any illegal activity on somewhere I know is frequented by Police. Makes sense doesnt it? :)

Do you have any other suggestions as to why people dont post up that they have a CF bonnet. :D

ffs. As if saying on here that you have CF bonnet will get you a visit from the cops.  As someone said, you drive around with the bloody thing on so what's the diff?

What a wank.

We dont post in the Vic section... anyhow.

go to Nissan Silva, ask what happened to the Vic boys about thier cars and the defects from what came about on the forums.

it might be very surprising to you, but common for us here