SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered my new wheels. Getting a set of Work Emotion XT-7s in 18x8.5" +25 offset. It turns out that +25 is only made for the USA market EVO 9s and 10s. It has not been released in Japan. I'm getting mine out of the US. Should be hear in a week or so (I hope). Can't wait. I'll post pics :cool:

Ah so jealous! I looked at these about a month ago...and said if only. haha Cant wait to see what they look like on your's. What colour did you order?

Hey there guys,

Just want a quick second opinion.

Running an S2 with Tein Superwagon coils.

Looking at buying some 18x9.5 + 12, or 19x9.5 + 12 (would be running stretched tyres)

I've had conflicting opinions on the matter; thought I'd post that up here for some quick clarification.

Thanks guys

- D

you've not asked a question, what did you want to know? lol

if you're asking whether they'll fit, then yes. have a look back through the thread for my posts as they are my wheel specs

on another note, keep an eye on this thread in the next week or so - i've got something a little more extreme in the works :blush:

Hey there guys,

Just want a quick second opinion.

Running an S2 with Tein Superwagon coils.

Looking at buying some 18x9.5 + 12, or 19x9.5 + 12 (would be running stretched tyres)

I've had conflicting opinions on the matter; thought I'd post that up here for some quick clarification.

Thanks guys

- D

Just a straight question. Why would you want to have "stretched tyres"? First of all is it not a waste of money to have wheels wider than necessary? If its just a question of looks you can make sure the wheels fill the guards by choosing appropriate offset (or spacers if necessary). And do you not care that "stretched "tyres degrade the ride and handling? Not getting at you in particular - I see a few of examples even here in Gods own country - its just that i don't know anybody with stretched tyres to ask the question of.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. I am having nothing but wheel dilemmas. We decided to go with Work XT7s in 18x8.5". I found out that they come in +32 offset from Japan or there is the option of +25 offset out of the US. I worked out that +25 offset would fit better, so I tracked down a local guy with connections to the US and he ordered a set. Then it turns out his damn supplier sells the set he had on hold for me!!! So now I'm waiting on my money back. It sounds like +25 offset are very hard to get. So now I have the option of waiting a few months for a set to come up (and chucking some crap tyres on the Stag to keep her roadworthy) or I bite the bullet and get a set in +32 offset from Japan. What do you guys reckon? I guess the other option is to go to 18x9.5". They come in +12 or +20. I know MIKE and Darrin are running these. I'm a bit worried they will stick out too far in the front. Darrin has a 34 front, so may have a bit more clearance. MIKE did you have to do anything special to run 18x9.5" +12? Any problems with rubbing? What tyres? I have stock 260RS suspension. So no camber correction or anything. Mmmmm 9.5 all round would be tough. Am I dreaming?

Oh yeah, I measured that there is currently about 27mm between the outer guard and the standard 260RS rim (17x7 +30) in the front. So going to 18x8.5" +12 offset would extend out an extra 50mm which means it would sit out past the guard by 23mm. If I went to 18x8.5" + 20 offset (what is recommended for GTRs) it would hang out 15mm pass the outer guard. Not sure how you guys have managed to do it. Maybe I didn't measure it properly... Parked the car on flat ground, lined a spirit level up with the outer guard and made sure it was vertical and then measured the distance to rim.. 27mm

Oh yeah, I measured that there is currently about 27mm between the outer guard and the standard 260RS rim (17x7 +30) in the front. So going to 18x8.5" +12 offset would extend out an extra 50mm which means it would sit out past the guard by 23mm. If I went to 18x8.5" + 20 offset (what is recommended for GTRs) it would hang out 15mm pass the outer guard. Not sure how you guys have managed to do it. Maybe I didn't measure it properly... Parked the car on flat ground, lined a spirit level up with the outer guard and made sure it was vertical and then measured the distance to rim.. 27mm

18x8.5 +12 extend 50mm. . . .I think you meant 18x9.5 +12

18x8.5 +12 will EXTEND by 37mm

I assume you are using something like this to work out offsets

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

18x8.5 +20 only extends out 29mm

My offer still stands to try my rims.

Yeah, sorry I meant 18x9.5. Yeah I used that same website. Got it bookmarked :down:

Thanks for the offer. That would really put the issue at rest. Don't think I'll have time to drive to your place this week. Rediculously busy working on the house

Yeah, sorry I meant 18x9.5. Yeah I used that same website. Got it bookmarked :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer. That would really put the issue at rest. Don't think I'll have time to drive to your place this week. Rediculously busy working on the house

Sounds like my weekend. I have a complete kitchen to build from scratch over easter.

No wonder my car never gets finished.

I run 18x9.5 +15 on my RS4s - same rear end as 260RS

Front could tuck in a bit with more camber but not excessive and rear is fine (bit close to strut but plenty of guard clearence)

I run 18x9.5 +15 on my RS4s - same rear end as 260RS

Front could tuck in a bit with more camber but not excessive and rear is fine (bit close to strut but plenty of guard clearence)

thats what i want to hear

i'm looking at some 18x9's at +15 for an rs4s

what tyre size you running?

OK I give up! Ive been searching the forum for about an hour now and still dont know!

Will I fit 20's on my car? S2 Stagea RWD with Nismo struts? Or will I have to buy 19's?

Really want 20's though!

thats what i want to hear

i'm looking at some 18x9's at +15 for an rs4s

what tyre size you running?

245/40R18 all round

If you need tyres, let me know - federals and silverstone cheap cheap

OK I give up! Ive been searching the forum for about an hour now and still dont know!

Will I fit 20's on my car? S2 Stagea RWD with Nismo struts? Or will I have to buy 19's?

Really want 20's though!

the prev owner of my car had 20's on it with rubber band thick tyres, ride quality would have been terrible, 19's will ride better but the secret to making wheels look big on stageas is getting a low offset so they stand in the guards

245/40R18 all round

If you need tyres, let me know - federals and silverstone cheap cheap

still a way off getting them, current ones are still round and i think clutch upgrade will be next on the list :(

would look sexy as tho :thumbsup:

hey guys, thank you for your advise, i think i will try 245 at rear and 235 front..

if your stagea is a 4WD, first use a tire size calculator (like this one, LINK) and check that there isn't too much of a difference in rolling diameter between the 2 sizes of tire you want to use. if there is too much a difference between the fronts and the rears it will cause issues with the 4WD control, ATTESA. if you have a 2WD it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm looking at a set of 18" wheels (haven't bought the Stagea yet) and need to know the standard wheel dimensions.

It's a Series 2 if it makes any difference.

Anyone able to tell me what the Diameter, Width, Offset, PCD and standard tyre size are?

Cheers!

Edit... It appears to come standard with 215/50 R17 tyres

I too have this question My S2 came with some nice Volk racing wheels and they say they have a +30 offset but they also have about a 30mm adapter which I believe is illegal if the offset is correct why is it that they need the spacer also the wheels have a totally different stud pattern to the car it seems like the spacers may be made for the wheels, could this make them Legal ?

Phill

post-70247-1271202597_thumb.jpg

post-70247-1271202690_thumb.jpg

post-70247-1271202707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phillhunt