SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

this isn't always the case. brake clearance is determined by disk type, particularly in wheels with dish

haha!

I thought I typed that... must have just thought it.

Big brakes would be no good with my wheels (LMX5 - 4-pot Brembos would probably fit, but nothing bigger), but my mates Work wheels (similar dimensions) are fine for 6-pot Endless calipers.

So yes, definitely agree that the design of the wheel plays a more critical role.

Those look pretty similar to my Nismo rims (18x7.5 +40)

They will fit easily.

The only way that they may cause a bit of difficulty is if you have big brakes on the front.

I only have stock brakes so it should hopefully be ok.

No don't do it, they are too narrow and they will sit in way too much. I have 19 x 8.5 +20 offset rims on a S2 Type S Stagea. My car is lowered and I have had no guard rolling and I get no scraping at all.

You should go for at least 8.5 inch rims in about a +20 offset. Here is a pic of how my rims sit

I'm not too fussed if they sit too far in for appearance sakes, as I want aftermarket rims more to dress up the Stagea a little better than stockies. Thanks for the advice though. And your rims look sweet :P

Edited by Hanso

One other thing you should worry about with a large offset like that is that your wheels don't rub on the inside of your guards when you turn your wheels to a full lock for a U-turn or similar.

I'm running 18x8 rims with a +30mm offset off a V35 Skyline, and using 245/40 tyres, and the wheels sit perfectly in the guards - the rear guards needed rolling simply due to the width of tyres I chose to run.

NewWheels5.jpg

NewWheels6.jpg

come on boys its gotta be a 9" +30 at a minimum, they fill out the rears perfect without sticking out and fronts they sit in a fair bit, could do with a 10mm or 20mm spacer to look better. My new wheels going on very soon once i get the tyres fitted are 18x10 +20 and they fit perfect on fronts and sit out on the rears but i have a solution for that in the works so should look alright, pics to come :whistling:

example of agressive wheel fitment :laugh: sit the same as my vs-kf

can i ask out of curiosity what wheels you are getting? i LOVE wheels haha

come on boys its gotta be a 9" +30 at a minimum, they fill out the rears perfect without sticking out and fronts they sit in a fair bit, could do with a 10mm or 20mm spacer to look better. My new wheels going on very soon once i get the tyres fitted are 18x10 +20 and they fit perfect on fronts and sit out on the rears but i have a solution for that in the works so should look alright, pics to come :whistling:

Hey Mike you have commented on previous posts i showed the wheels when i test fitted them a while ago but havent had a chance to chuck good tyres on them so the 33 gtr ones are on at the moment. Heres the only pics i got of them...

lmsonstagea-1.jpg

rearrims.jpg

coilovers arnt low in the pic of rears as i couldnt be stuffed lowering it at the time so they arnt tucking in as much

here is the 33 gtr ones too, fronts definately need big fat spacers to sit right

33gtrrims.jpg

Finally get to fill the guards, My new Wheels turned up today! :(

18 x 9.5 +15 offset running 245/40R18 all round! (+35 :) )

p.s. Watch your Load Ratings! esp with narrow 18' tyres!

^^^ ooo what did you get? :(

because you have an rs4-s you might have fouling issues on the rear depending how low and how much neg camber you run - an 8mm slip on spacer may be required to stop the wheel from rubbing the strut. don't forget that even if it just clears stationary that it will bang the strut over big bumps when the suspension compresses and you get a momentary gain in neg camber

i'd recommend running 235/40's on those wheels up front - might run into guard issues with a 245

my car with 18x9.5+15 up front and 235/40's on lipped guards

100_0600.jpg

here's petes rs4-s with 18x9.5+15 235/40 all round and an 8mm slip on in the rear

100_0667.jpg

100_0666.jpg

^^^ ooo what did you get? :(

because you have an rs4-s you might have fouling issues on the rear depending how low and how much neg camber you run - an 8mm slip on spacer may be required to stop the wheel from rubbing the strut. don't forget that even if it just clears stationary that it will bang the strut over big bumps when the suspension compresses and you get a momentary gain in neg camber

i'd recommend running 235/40's on those wheels up front - might run into guard issues with a 245

my car with 18x9.5+15 up front and 235/40's on lipped guards

100_0600.jpg

here's petes rs4-s with 18x9.5+15 235/40 all round and an 8mm slip on in the rear

100_0667.jpg

100_0666.jpg

Was waiting for your reply! lol

DTM rush in shadow. (Had 18x9.5 Volk GT-N lined up but 1x cracked face = steer clear!)

Went the +15 offset to clear rear strut, 7.5' +38 - 9.5' +15 = 2mm closer to strut?

Test fit Tonight and pics with Ribbons this weekend!!! (Tying the knot)

Was waiting for your reply! lol

DTM rush in shadow. (Had 18x9.5 Volk GT-N lined up but 1x cracked face = steer clear!)

Went the +15 offset to clear rear strut, 7.5' +38 - 9.5' +15 = 2mm closer to strut?

Test fit Tonight and pics with Ribbons this weekend!!! (Tying the knot)

yep, 2mm closer. just keep an eye on it, the 2 manual stageas that i've seen with similar wheel specs to yours had minor rubbing issues so both had 8mm slip on spacers fitted up

those wheels will look nice - be sure to get pics up.. even of the test fit tonight :(

and congrats on the hitch!

Amazing how a RS4-s just swallows rear offset over the auto model. (rear subframe, knuckles or control arms different?)

the factory manual rear subframe is ~50mm narrower than the auto version (so both 260rs and rs4-s)

the factory manual rear subframe is ~50mm narrower than the auto version (so both 260rs and rs4-s)

So does that mean 10' will fit. Does the strut move in that much?

Anyone got pics of the rear of a RS4 with 18x9 +25

They will sit out a further 5mm from my R34 gtr rims +30

Looking at buying a set of rays GT-c's

So does that mean 10' will fit. Does the strut move in that much?

Anyone got pics of the rear of a RS4 with 18x9 +25

They will sit out a further 5mm from my R34 gtr rims +30

Looking at buying a set of rays GT-c's

10" is achievable with an auto subframe - a 10+22 will sit the same as a 9.5+15. i've lent adam (chef_stagea) one of my sets of wheels with 10+22 rear specs and he needs to run an 8mm floating spacer (effectively making them a 10+14) to stop them fouling the strut because the hub is closer to the strut on a manual subframe

i'd not worry about trying to find pics of a 9+25, as you said it's only 5mm out from a bnr34 item - good luck being able to notice the difference from a photo :P

Looks good, but not sure if I want the rears to hang that far out.

I have no more inner clearance on the rear with the 18x9 +30 I have now.

The new bilsteins (sydneykids) I have in there hit the 245/40/18 tyres. If I lower it any more. currently around 335-340mm. Not happy.

well here's a pic of adams car (260rs) that i mentioned earlier to put in to comparison with the above pics, if it helps at all?

17x9.5+24 17x10+16 (+22 with 8mm spacer) and 225/45's all round

Adam_260_3.jpg

Edited by M I K E

can someone with an rs4s confirm that their standard wheels are 17 x 7.5 +40, and also measure the clearance of wheel/strut and wheel/guard front and rear?