SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

As promised, here are some pics... I was too lazy to back the car out of the garage so i can't give you a complete side shot of the vehicle (but its not req'd anyway)

It was a bit hard to get the right perspective, but hopefully when you look throught them all you'll see how much clearance there is on the outsides. Dont forget that as the strut compresses you get slight increases in camber which in turn help to tuck the wheels under the guards... but you'd need to be getting good body roll first.

First 3 are LR, then next 2 are RR

post-57913-1232696423_thumb.jpgpost-57913-1232696459_thumb.jpg

post-57913-1232697151_thumb.jpgpost-57913-1232696553_thumb.jpg

post-57913-1232696587_thumb.jpg

You can see the differences in stretch between the LR and RR tyres (pics 2 and 4)... but both are 235's!

Then a couple of LF, no clearance issues on outside...

post-57913-1232696629_thumb.jpgpost-57913-1232696658_thumb.jpg

should be (fingers crossed) getttin a set of 18x8's on wednesday next week, offset of +20 with some falken 235/40/r18's on them, all up gonna cost me roughly 2k, will post some pics up as soon as i get em on :D:D:D:D

they will sit VERY nice, pretty much the same as r34 gtr wheels (give or take a couple of mm's :P)

thanks mike, i cant wait...... the oldies arent too happy im gettin them tho, kinda owe them somewhere in the same vicinity of money......... but i'm paying these wheels off tho. aswell as my oldies..... :P i mean come on! i cant keep driving round with 16's!!!

• 2 months later...

Heres a couple of pics of my stag with its new rims fitted. The rims are 19 x 8.5 +20 offset Axis Hiro's.

They sit pretty good I think, almost flush with the body and I have no rubbing at all. It is amazing how the Stag swallows wheels as even though they are 19 inches in size they don't look big at all on the Stag.

post-39581-1238996100_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1238996130_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1238996286_thumb.jpg

Edited by StageaTypeS

Just an fyi, came across this link in another forum when doing google searches.

Has quiet a few pdf's on steering geometry for our vehicles.

Not sure if it's all correct/original specs, but cant see why not.

http://www.risingsunperformance.co.uk/shop/technical.php

There is not a pdf for the Stagea (WGNC34) and the Skyline ones vary quite a bit and even the four wheel drive Skyline is not quite right. I have been using SK's figures (knowledgeable on many things, suspension is his actual specialty) and they have been spot on for handling and even tyre wear. They are to be found here (expand the chart to make it legible):

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...l&hl=pineapples

i finally got my wheels, front is 18x8+35 rear is 18x8+6 but im going to get some 15mm spacers for the front. il try to get pics up when i get them fitted.

ok assuming all 4 wheels are the same disk and will all clear your front wheels i would run the 8+6 on the front. stageas can take ~20mm lower offset up front compared to the rear which means even if you run a 15mm spacer on the front with the 8+35 (essentially making it 8+20) it'll look stupid as the fronts will be sunken and the rears poking/flush.

in short, run the 18x8+6 up front and the 18x8+35 in the rear with a 15mm spacer there and fitment will be pretty much spot on, essentially 18x8+6 front and 18x8+20 rear :banana:

trust me :banana:

Heres a couple of pics of my stag with its new rims fitted. The rims are 19 x 8.5 +20 offset Axis Hiro's.

They sit pretty good I think, almost flush with the body and I have no rubbing at all. It is amazing how the Stag swallows wheels as even though they are 19 inches in size they don't look big at all on the Stag.

That looks awesome :banana: Love the side-on shot. Yeah I agree stags swallow wheels alright. 19s look right at home without even looking overly large. 20's start to draw attention I think.

I've heard of ppl having issues with their atessa system running different width wheels fron to back on their GTR's do you know if this is true? and if stagea'a have the same problems.

Adam

Yes plenty of reports, 'cause when width is different, rolling circumference is different... there's plenty about it in the stagea forums. Posts from sk, etc. etc. I've read where it's been done successfully (260RS for example). Easiest not to, but up to you.

Edited by DaveB

"it's not a problem running different widths so long as the overall rolling diameter is the same front to back"

The problem is, it never is the same. The middle figure is not the height of the tyre in mm but the height expressed as a percentage of the width. People try to overcome this by for example running 9in rims on the back with 265/35/18 and 8in on the front with 235/40/18 (note different aspect ratio) and can get fairly close but the wear rates could be different and the ride and handling could suffer from having two different tyres front and rear.

having said that i guess some people are running different width wheels with an Atessa system with no noticeable problems but I prefer to keep the same size front and rear.

you have to remember that the system has also been designed to allow for differences in tyre wear, you could run full tread fronts and rears on the markers - that's quite a big difference in rolling diameter right there

• 2 weeks later...
i dont think i have quite made a post in here yet so i will

18x9 +0 offset with spacer to clear GTR brakes

18x10 +20 no spacer

Problems

if you do not have rear toe arms and camber arms, going low is a problem in the rear for sure.

You need to put a decent roll on the rear, so you can get as near to 0 camber static as possible to keep from hitting the coilovers. as wwell as a stiff springrate and sway bars will help this fact as well.

Front....well im still working on that.

but they kinda fit. I spraypainted the inner well so i can find out where it is rubbing, right before full lock it rubs somewhere, but at full lock it doesnt, so i have to figure that out.

other than that

at my current height, no big problems, or at least nothign that a little thinking and money wont fix.

406702941_8ea682d475.jpg

406702878_99e1df16bd.jpg

tires are 235/40 front and 245/40 rear

soon to be a 225/40 front and 235/40 rear once i decide to go get them

406702791_5d46ba756f.jpg

Thats some seriously inspirational wheel fitment there.

I needs dish in my life :down:

My old 33gtr rims

9x17 ET30 wearing 245/45/17 tyre, no spacers to clear the gtr brembos, no clearance issues with coilovers but spacers (5-10mm max) will be needed to clear standard suspension setup

NewWheels007.jpg

NewWheels008.jpg

My new NT03's

9x17 ET15 wearing 235/40/17 tyres, no spacers needed to clear the gtr brembos, no clearance issues with coilovers and you might get away with them on standard suspension setup

Part1008.jpg

Part1009.jpg

Part1013.jpg

Part1018.jpg

This is my aim which will require the arches being rolled

stagealowered.jpg

Edited by Califunky

Your tyres are not wide enough. I guess you are going to get wider ones when you "adjust" your wheel arches (quote from Yokotas13 "baseball bat is your friend") but some people seem happy to run with "stretched" tyres which will not handle as well as properly fitted tyres. It appals me but for some it seems a kind of fashion statement!