SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

After advice on these sizes for S2 C34 auto.

18x8+30 fronts - (99% sure they are a good fit)

18x8.5+33 rears - this is my concern, not worried about atessa problems - will match circumference.

Cheers

Why is it that everyone keeps asking about using different sizes front and rear. It is almost impossible to match sizes 100%. Offsets don't matter only widths. I don't fully understand why you would want different sizes front/rear on a 4wd car.

As far as I remember it is as follows -

Rs4s = same offset front and rear eg.... 18x8 +6 all round.

Rs4/rs4s = staggered offsets eg.... 18x8 +30 rear and 18x8 +6 front.

staggered widths are actually ok, SO LONG AS YOU RUN THE SAME SIZED TYRE

that should get ppls attention, not having a go at you tho steven

all you will do by running different wheel widths with the same tyre is have a bit more stretch in the rear

Lol. I know what you mean, I was just trying to try to point out where the problem lies. If I knew back them what I know now I wouldn't have my retarded rims. I could have just bought any rwd offset rims and been happy, I don't like having 25mm spacers on the front.

18x8.5+33 rears - this is my concern, not worried about atessa problems - will match circumference.

Cheers

Your rears should fit pretty good but you will need spacers for the front. That's where I went wrong. I've got a 18x8 +35 front with a 25mm spacer.

I'm running r34 Gtr wheels 18x9 +30 with 245/40 without spacers the wheels scrub the bilstein suspension with a 3mil spacer it still touches so now ive gone with a 25mm bolt on the rear now it's scrubing the guard so I went to a bolt on 20mm and original wheel stud hit on the rim argh I can't win looks it will be rolling the guard time!

Cheers

Will be sunk as f#ck in the front. I have S1 auto (thought all the auto awd cradles are the same though?) 18x9" +20 and 235/40R18s, doesn't rub anything anywhere. Rear same sizes, does touch un-lipped guard (on extremes of compression) but will clear by miles with a guard roll.

IMO you'd be better off with the 18x8.5 +33 all round out of the sizes you suggest.

I'm running r34 Gtr wheels 18x9 +30 with 245/40 without spacers the wheels scrub the bilstein suspension with a 3mil spacer it still touches so now ive gone with a 25mm bolt on the rear now it's scrubing the guard so I went to a bolt on 20mm and original wheel stud hit on the rim argh I can't win looks it will be rolling the guard time!

do u have a RS4S or RS4V? as most people that run GTR wheels dont usually have many problems. i am running a 17x9 +28 nd got about 5-10mm spare to the coilovers. have u thought about trying nismo wheel studs with around a 15mm spacer or something?

do u have a RS4S or RS4V? as most people that run GTR wheels dont usually have many problems. i am running a 17x9 +28 nd got about 5-10mm spare to the coilovers. have u thought about trying nismo wheel studs with around a 15mm spacer or something?

Yeh tell me bout it!its an RS4S yeh we were thinking about getting longer wheel studs but it's all work lol I know it's not that hard but it's still a hassle.

Thanks so much for your reply :thanks:

Edited by Stageas2

Offset?

If you are getting bigger brakes, don't bother with these. You will never fit them over the larger calipers.

Stock RS wheels are 17x7 so these will easily fit if the offset is satisfactory.

One last thing. Try to keep the wheels and tyres the same size all round.

I know the Z33's and V35's of the world generally have wider rear tyres, but that is because they are RWD cars.

FRONT

Size: 17x7.5Offset: +30mmWeight: 23.26lbsTire: 225/50/17BackSize: 17x8.0Offset: +33mmWeight: 24.14lbsTire: 235/50/17

These are the offsets for these 350z wheels I have found another pair in black

can any one tell us if they will be good for M35 stagea maybe the back pair is better than front for our car?

Any help would be great .Also shouldn't they fit Brembro brakes in stag as the 350z had them installed ?

Edited by bazr

hate to revive an old thread but the question seems a better fit here than other or a new thread:

will wheels off a 350Z fit an M35 stagea?

while I'd like to go to 18's these are for sale and look great:

350zwheel.jpg

Fronts 17 x 7 1\2 inch

Rears 17 x 8 inch

Comes with Set of Bridgestone Potenzas - Not Fitted

225 45 R17 x 4 70 - 80% Tread

Size: 17x7.5Offset: +30mmWeight: 23.26lbsTire: 225/50/17BackSize: 17x8.0Offset: +33mmWeight: 24.14lbsTire: 235/50/17

Any good? Front or back pair better for m35?

Rears are a better size.

However, Your much better off with a set of square 350z 18 inch Track rims. They come up for sale fairly regularly, and are not that expensive. The V35 version has the same sizes, but a different design. 17s are just too small. Get at least some 18s and higher profile tyres to suit. These wheels are great if your on a budget.

18x8 +30

Ironpaw

003-Copy.jpg

Cheers

Got them fitted last night, they are 350Z 18s - no problems with atessa, rear may need to be rolled just to be on the safe side.

post-72216-0-00131500-1334184215_thumb.jpg

post-72216-0-37805700-1334184241_thumb.jpg

post-72216-0-41620400-1334184263_thumb.jpg

post-72216-0-80121000-1334184285_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just wanting some help if possible. I have been a long time reader on here but have only just signed up as I really would like to know if a particular rim would fit my RS4 Stagea........ Can someone tell me if the rims in the link will fit my car? Better make sure they will fit before I click the 'buy it now' etc. Thanks in advance :)

I actually wanted the Nismo LMGT4s but I have been told they won't fit??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-NISSAN-STAGEA-1996-2001-MODELS-ZITO-CONDOR-HYPER-BLACK-ALLOY-WHEELS-5x114-/110863730555?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item19cffe477b#ht_2030wt_911

Edited by MissDayz

You typed rs4 so I'm going to assume auto, they will fit the rear but I would recommend spacers on the front to correct the 20mm offset difference.

I don't think they will fill your guards that well but I'm pretty sure they will fit.

MissDayz - I recommend going at least an 8 inch width. I had 18x7.5 with +42 offset and they were under the recommended track width (measuremen from wheel to wheel across the car). This pic shows how far in the arch they sit.

post-72216-0-22958600-1334882567_thumb.jpg

Oh, I dont think they will be right for me then as I would prefer to fill the guards out and will be getting cool overs etc.

Any suggestions for rims? I would ideally like to get Nismo rims.... Anyone know of a Nismo rim to suit?

Problem is I don't really want to do too many mods and stuffing around..... Trying to just find rims that will fit best.

Thanks for the replies do far, really appreciate the help.