SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

18x9.5 +20 is perfect for a RS4 auto..after that well... if you have kids and actually use your car for family dutys , its gets silly

with regards to camber for fitment and tyre wear imo..

cheers

darren

Waaay too much poke in the rear on an auto! Unless your going for the super stance poke/camber look

I have 18x9.5" +20 all round on my RS4S (manual) and with 235/40's stretched on the rim sits 4-5mm proud of the body front and rear with 1.5 neg camber front and .7 neg in the rear.

Also if you want to run this fitment on a manual stag with large bore Coilovers you will NEED fully adjustable camber arms in the rear.

i'm not into stance /whatever look..i just know any less than that looks gay as aids, looks like a magna or camry wagon ,and any more needs to much camber and low

to make it clear anything..and wear inner tyres and smash spoon drains/parking concrete blocks

i hardly call it superstance..lol

Edited by jet_r31

What size tyre you running? My manual (40mm narrower rear subframe, so 20mm less a side) running the same spec/fitment wheels you claim to have and mine sit out further than your pic? When yours should sit out 20mm further than mine? Odd

I can confirm jet r31 fitment and tyre size. not aggresive or much camber just nice street fitment. Maybe rs4s you need to check if your craddle is manual or auto ?

• 3 weeks later...

Disagree, I have 19x9 +45 with 10mm spacers (effectively making them a +35 offset) on my RX. I reckon that 9" wide with a +30-35 is about perfect (but I am not into the stretched look) for an RS/RX. Maybe another 5-10mm for the ARX/Axis?

BC-19x945-10mmspacer1.jpg

BC-19x945-10mmspacer2.jpg

That looks great Cam. What size tyres are you running and how much clearance to the front strut do you have? Did you have to do any guard lipping/rolling?

I am looking at getting 20 x 9s very soon for my ARX. The wheels I am looking at come in +38, +32 and +20. I am leaning towards the +20 due to the flares, however, the +32 may allow me to fit slightly wider tyres so I have some rim protection. Although the flares on the ARX/AXIS sit out a little bit, as far as I understand the guards are essentially the same as the RS/RX just with holes in them. Ideally what I am after is the edge of the tyre sitting flush with the flare. If any ARX/AXIS owners have fitted 9 inch wheels, what offset did you go with and what tyre size did you fit?

Cheers

IMO 20s are not good for the ride of the car, and they don't handle well with the choice of tyres either. 18/19 is a far better option.

You'll never get a flush look with the Axis/ARX because of the large lip on the guards.

This is 19x8.5 +22 and 225/40/19 lowered on Nismo springs, but not very low. Not a rub or scrub on anything.

Sorry I don't have any down the side of the car pics handy.

6252549969_b5fee1b4ce.jpg

6232302952_54fefa719c.jpg

Thanks Alex for the advice and pictures. You actually told me your tyre sizes when we spoke at the Skyline Nats in Goulburn in September but by the time I got home I had forgotten it. Your car looks great by the way - but I guess you don't need people to tell you that. Shame Craig (Jetwreck) and Scotty's wagons weren't there, but it was good chatting to you and Craig.

The tyres I am looking at are either 245/40R20 or 275/35R20. This gets me closer to the original factory diameter than the current tyres I have on (235/50R18). One thing I have noticed is it appears the AR-X has larger rolling diameter wheels than the RS/RX. According to the handbook the 17 inch wheels wear 215/55 (668mm) and the 18 inch wheels wear 225/55 (705mm). I think the Axis is the same as RS/RX for rolling diameter. Could the larger diameter wheel on the AR-X be more forgiving to the larger 20" wheel?

I think the wheels I am looking at also come in 19 x 8.5 with either a +15 or +32 offset but I need to confirm this with the Australian distributer. Tyres to suit would be 245/45R19. I am still worried that after all the expense 19s won't feel the guards nicely - yes, I'll admit this is mostly about looks but at the same time I don't want to compromise comfort and handling.

I take your point about the large lip on the AR-X/Axis. So long as the wheels come out a bit further than standard I'll be happy even if it's not totally flush.

For anyone with an iPhone, TireLab and Rim Offset are two good apps for working out clearances. TireLab includes the tyre in its calculation.

That looks great Cam. What size tyres are you running and how much clearance to the front strut do you have? Did you have to do any guard lipping/rolling?

They are 245's. The wheels are +45's but rub on the upper arm when bolted up on the hub. Those pics are with 10mm spacers installed (still running them that way)

• 1 month later...

I've read this thread a few times and just wanting to confirm that 17x9 +30 all round with either 15-20mm spacers for the front would fit a s1 c34 Auto? Car has 340/330mm height and rear camber+toe arms and front whiteline adjustable bushes if that effects anything? Also would i need to roll the rear guards at all? Thanks

Ok cool, thanks

What is the objections to running spacers? If u buy longer wheel hub bolts and do it properly is it still dangerous? Was thinking of running spacers for now as i have skyline rims and was thinking of running 8mm rear spacers with 60mm hub bolts and then 20mm hubcentric spacers (I think its called) up front? Also the rim is 8" front and 9" rears but Im running 235/45/17 all round so will this damage or affect my attessa, abs, or any other problems?

Ok cool, thanks

What is the objections to running spacers? If u buy longer wheel hub bolts and do it properly is it still dangerous? Was thinking of running spacers for now as i have skyline rims and was thinking of running 8mm rear spacers with 60mm hub bolts and then 20mm hubcentric spacers (I think its called) up front? Also the rim is 8" front and 9" rears but Im running 235/45/17 all round so will this damage or affect my attessa, abs, or any other problems?