SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

If they are 7+40 vs 9.5+12 you will have 4mm less inner clearence and extend out wards by 60mm

Shit.

This means on the rears on 18x9.5 +12 I would need to run maby a 15m spacer. That's not cool.

Surely sonething is not right here.

Has anyone else ran these specs on an rs4s

From this thread they seemed to be ideal specs...

This is what I'm getting with stock R34gtt wheels

IMAG2019_zps2cd1d260.jpg

IMAG2021_BURST002_zpsaa721ca9.jpg

You can see where it touches. Mainly going up a driveway on an angle when there is flex.

I'm assuming the specs for the R34gtt wheels are right. I got them from the skyline wheel specks thread, I will check the wheel itself tomorow when it's light.

Anyone else running 18x9.5 +12 on their rs4s who can check their strut clearence?

Edited by GH05T

I thought gtt 34 where 7.5 et 40 which means you will gain 3mm clearance on the inside and a further 53 mm on out so yeah you will have to run spacers inner clearences to strut must be vastly diff on manual hmmm

gaining clearance is good....

gonna use some slipons for the time being...hopefully 8mm will be enough to clear.

it only touches when angeling spoon drains and driveways.

will check the offset when i get the wheels off at work today to confirm their specs

also im sure the lowering has added a little bit of camber which will be sucked out when i fit the new wheels

the kms i do anything other than 0-0 camber is madness

Edited by GH05T

Yeah lowering will add camber, and then with the slip on spacer and new wheels you should have over 12 mm inner clearence ;) will be fine a bit of extra poke out the back won't hurt anyway

haha the funny part with the RWD r34 wheels on the 4WD stag... just a bit of room in the guards :P

IMAG2025_zps1bc805bb.jpg

much better side profile though

0bbd4087-33dc-40f5-9e6e-8b262c639b62_zps

Edited by GH05T

ok stamped on the R34 wheels i can confirm is

17X7 JJ +40

so im going to loose a further 4mm clearance from the inside on the new wheels.

hmmm so 18X9.5+12 DO NOT FIT RS4-S stageas

when the new wheels arrive i will need to test fit them without tires and see what is going to need to be done to clear them to my liking and how much outer extension im going to get.

the wheels will naturally add 60mm (from the R34 wheels not stock stag wheels) and im assuming im going to need maby a 15mm hubcentric spacer to properly clear them.

maby less once the wheels lift the car a bit and the camber is taken out.

so spacers, roll the guards 235/40 tires, 0 camber and we should be ok, gonna look fat either way.

a tiny bit worried about the extra strain on the bearings but meh.

amazed that the issue was with the rears on the 4WD seing as i understand they have a narrower subframe (more like the R33gtr?? )

and the fronts are happy as larry.

Edited by GH05T

yeah thats what i have been reading too.

well the truth will come out when they arrive i guessshould be early next week.

im hoping i have missed somethig, mis calculated something misread something, and they fit without further modification but i dont see how.

i cannot imagine the coilovers would make that much of a difference, they may be thicker but their is only so much difference they could make.

Well I'm perplexed jet r31 is running 9.5 + 20 on his auto with Bc coilovers "the rim to coilover should be the same between autos and manuals just the out side diffrent " he has 5to 6mm clearence at I think neg 2 camber so if we look at that you at 9.5+12 should have 8mm more clearence on the inside so a total of 13mm clear and stick out 8mm more but ya got heaps of rm that way :) !!!! Then if I look at me I'm attempting to run a 10+5 so

Mine is jacked up ATM so I can only sit rim on cannot load it up but I have at a guess 10-13mm clearence from strut but that could get worse with load and camber

Just took a pic of mine for you (sorry it's sideways, uploading from phone and it rotated it). As you can see there's quite a bit of clearance with the stock shocks, I'd say a good 15mm. Obviously BC's are thicker though. I'm not sure how much but you can work that out. Mine is as stated earlier s2 rs4s running 18x9.5 +12 with 245 40's.

post-81631-13838105438716_thumb.jpg

well wtf is goin on here. i cant work it out.

is their anything that could be different on my model?

1998 Series 2 RS4-S manual 4wd

everything looks stock appart from the BCs, unless my wheels have been tampered with...nah im just pulling at straws now.

i will be VERY interested when the wheels arrive for test fit.