SAU Community

Hissing After Shut Down

Mumbo#5

hi all

Ive just finished rebuilding my engine and got the car back on the road (now its off the road again cause some f**ktard ran into me :@) but I noticed that when I shut the engine off, there is a distinct hissing noise coming from the front left side of the car. I have checked all vacuum lines etc (cause thats what it sounds like) and cant find a fault.

Has anyone had the same problem or does anyone know what it could possibly mean?

Cheers guys

My car has similar sounds when you turn it off... it'll kinda hiss for a bit like there is a pressure releasing..

Makes a couple of other noices, ticks a bit than settles down and stops after 20secs or so.. I've got over it as I don't think there is anything wrong I think it's probably just the engine cooling..

My car has similar sounds when you turn it off... it'll kinda hiss for a bit like there is a pressure releasing..

Makes a couple of other noices, ticks a bit than settles down and stops after 20secs or so.. I've got over it as I don't think there is anything wrong I think it's probably just the engine cooling..

Exact same thing on mine.. After a while the faint hissin noise goes away..

must be a series 2 thing..

but ive only got the standard nissan turbo.. well so I think anyways.. but the only thing is it wasnt doing it before the rebuild (forged rods and pistons + balance).  Is it anything to worry about??

mine did the same thing when I had the standard turbo.

Like a hiss whistle. I wouldn't worry. If your engine is running ok, then leave it be.

Mine is stock except from exhaust.. it still does it.. I wouldn't be too worried..

No need to worry.... as a few of you had said its just pressure release coming back through your pod. You can just sort of hear it if you have your standard air box in there, but its no where near as noticeable.

I even had a vtech civic that would hiss out the pod when you switched it off... No need to stress guys.

On the topic of noise's any1 have this on their car

After i got GFB Stealth FX BOV fitted i now can hear my turbo making a winding noise

not air suction noise. cant really describe it but i've heard the same noise on a WRX sorta like a humming only when im on boost sounds pretty cool. just wanna know if its safe