SAU Community

Hks T04r Dyno Results 400kw+

wrxkilla

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ignore those dyno sheets,they are interpreted from GReddy ones running 100octane fuel.

As an example they show a T518Z making over 250rwkw on SR20DET with stock cams lol.

The reality is about 200-210rwkw.

That thread on ns.com is an add,not factual.

I am skeptical that setup will come on quicker than a Z.

going by JAGR33's setup (previous one) using the T517z's... i would agree totally.

I doubt anything bigger can possibly be better... his wasnt the most responsive.

Great top end however, but when you want response... thats why they came off the car.

Pete - totally agree with what you mean. I was just raising another point :)

Even though i doubt cams/head work will equate to the advantages of race fuels :D

It sure will, check out the posts on www.nissansilvia.com , go to sponser section and look at the bosch dyno charts.. max response by 4500rpm or less... 445rwkw average on low boost!

If you believe those sheets u should actually get an idea of what power gtr;s make with what setups. Its a bit of a joke considering the bosch dyno's usually read over 100hp higher than a DD dyno.

Im not having a go ay anyone just trying to discuss a topic. At 20psi now i make 560rwhp so does my effiiciency go up  according to your table ? Also the two2.6L gtr runs a os giken gearset which didnt have to be babied into third like i had to so its not really a fair comparison but anyway good to discuss. Also i think the t04z is rated at 700-750hp depending on where you get your info from not 800.

no 560rwhp from 800rwhp =70%

and the turbos are advertised at 800hp by modyourcae.com and if we going to use the low advertised hp the gt2560r are advertised n the us at 280hp

simon i know your got a good combo BUT dont say stuff with no really proof of your example has no relavance to responce. The silly part of this is it most likely more a differing opinions on terms and there meanings. I see responce very similar to SK. ie one the most responsive gtr i have been in has 400r turbos but makes only 370rwhp a roll on test wouuld not prove its responce. Driving through tight corners at lowish revs and the way it response would.

pete

ps you single fans better hope two.6l doesnt run a 9 soon as i believe there have made some improvements as the best monster single gtr till recently had only run 9.7 and to think a pair of 2530 with AFMs (someone made hp with afms shook horror)can go with in a poofteenth hehehe just something for you guys to think about

Guest Mashrock
yeah andrew

your cars is just abotu opposite mine hey.

:)

should do man youve had her for a bit now, get her on a dyno.

:P

soon for sure i am getting my new gearbox within the next few weeks so hopefully before xmas i will have it back on the road ready for going crusing with the gti-r boys, hows life up there? you settle in ok?

Guest Mashrock
If your talking to me SK it was on the raod testing nothing to do with a dyno graph. Was me next to a 2530 equipped GTR. Yes it had a standard motor and no head work and no big cams but im thinking thats not gonna affect response anyway ?? Im thinking the cams and head work are gonna help it higher in the RPM range not down low.

And as for response time between gears im yet to have it fall off power between gear changes and it exists corners on boost like a slingshot.

i have big cams, i have headwork no doubt, i'm running n1's

surely to crack 300-350kwatw

and what a response machine.

thats the expensive way

Nope, it's the better way.

Turn the boost up and it will detonate, so you have to retard the ignition timing.

That costs power and looses response.

Or you could reduce the compression ratio, that just looses even more response.

There is always the "race fuel" option of course

someone made hp with afms, shook horror

I saw an R33GTR with AFM's make 1100 bhp and do an 8 at 160 mph, does that count?

:P cheers :)

no 560rwhp from 800rwhp =70%

and the turbos are advertised at 800hp by modyourcae.com and if we going to use the low advertised hp the gt2560r are advertised n the us at 280hp

simon i know your got a good combo BUT dont say stuff with no really proof of your example has no relavance to responce. The silly part of this is it most likely more a differing opinions on terms and there meanings. I see responce very similar to SK. ie one the most responsive gtr i have been in has 400r turbos but makes only 370rwhp a roll on test wouuld not prove its responce. Driving through tight corners at lowish revs and the way it response would.

pete

ps you single fans better hope two.6l doesnt run a 9 soon as i believe there have made some improvements as the best monster single gtr till recently had only run 9.7 and to think a pair of 2530 with AFMs (someone made hp with afms shook horror)can go with in a poofteenth hehehe just something for you guys to think about

At the end of the day i coudnt give a f**k about response even though i know mine is responsive i dont really care what other ppl think. I built the car to go fast . You can have have your opinions and i have mine which is fair enough.. Either way i have run a ten and you havn't so the dirty old single cant be too bad and there is lots more in reserve to come.

Edited by R32-GTS

At the end of the day i coudnt give a f**k about response even though i know mine is responsive i dont really care what other ppl think. I built the car to go fast . You can have have your opinions and i have mine which is fair enough.. Either way i have run a ten and you havn't so the dirty old single cant be too bad and there is lots more in reserve to come.

I am going to stay out of the subjective arguments and try a few facts, so as to be helpful in making Skylines go faster;

I assume your gearbox has the standard 3.321 ratio 1st gear and the 1.902 second gear. If that's the case, then if you upchange at ~8,000 rpm in 1st gear the rpm will drop to ~4,500 rpm in 2nd gear. That's a drop from 415 4wkw (at 8,000 rpm) to 105 4wkw (at 4,500 rpm). Until you change the gearbox ratios, that's a fact.

If I also assume your gearbox has the standard 1.308 third gear, then if you upchange at ~8,000 rpm in 2nd gear, the rpm will drop to ~5,500 rpm in 2nd gear. That's a drop from 415 4wkw (at 8,000 rpm) to 200 4wkw (at 4,500 rpm). Until you change the gearbox ratios, that's also a fact.

I know that is not a true measure of response, it is a measure of average power, which is the reason why cars with less max power (but higher average power) run faster times.

You should be also concerned about response until such time as you have a gearbox that does not require you to close the throttle on gearchanges. Because any poor throttle response is most certainly costing you time.

:P cheers :)

PS; If you want to test this out, and you don't have a data logger, then the best way is to point a video camera at the tacho during a run. Then you can play it back in slow motion. It is also a good way to improve your times, you pick up all sorts of little things that go by so fast in real time with the adrenalin up. In a 10 sec 1/4 run it is the little things that add up to a lot.

Edited by Sydneykid

simon simon simon your getting to worked up over this

i have never bagged on your combo not once and i have never said i'm faster than your, that like would school kids talk about. If i had built mine to run the 1/4 i would have built i very different and you know that period. And like i said we are not play in the same park 800hp/640hp turbo combo and reason is i built my for the circuit the only reason i ever run the track was for a bit of fun and we haven't had Collie sprint running for how long now?

My only problem with you is you will bag on others and other combos with out proof (and done say you dont cos you had a good swip at me after last years Drag wars). So have fun with your car that Ant built for you and tell everyone all about and leave the other combos alone. The twin HKS2530 have run alot faster time than yours so does that make them better NO just a different combo. As for a car being fast you measure fast car by straight line mine by circuit/ track quick as that what i believe the true nature of the gtr was built for.

pete

ps simon peace out dude :P

Ok well this is getting a bit outta hand so i won;t say anymore. What i will say is i never bagged out anyone elses combo ever. This topic was about the t04 turbo and somehow got changed around to this. And because one car with 2530's has run a decent time that makes it the only combo to use ? I think not but its only my opinion as i think with the same prep i will get close to those times (gearset, slicks, more boost) . Like i said i have never bagged anyone elses combo especially pauls two.6L which is an awesome effort in anyones books. End of arguments !

P.S Ant built most of the engine but i did almost all of the other things on my car myself so i will enjoy it :P

Edited by R32-GTS

Sk your stuff is great.

altho i presume your talking about my car there.

i will have to hook up a camera as you say, becuase i am pretty darg certain revs dont drop to 4500rpm during changes....

mick

Arent we all enthusiasts? Im stoked to see someone really happy with their dyno results after theyve spent thousands of dollars building a car. Singles or twins; i dont care, I just like skylines (if they dont have chromies!).