SAU Community

Just Car Insurenace

Trust33

I just got off the phone to just car and they said that the car must be fully engineered/legal for the parts it has on their policy that i tick as having on the car.

And any claim that i make,if a single part is found not legal they will void cover for the whole car.

Does any1 know any compaies that allow for modifycation and pay up regardless of it's leaglity on the road?

:P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, you're joking right?

I thought it was common knowledge that while they will allow UNLIMITED MODIFICATIONS, each modification must be legal.

No one is going knowingly insure an illegal car

i was under the impression that they wouldn't insure parts that were illegal but not void the insurance of the whole car.

They said for my car they wouldnt insure my carbon fibre but everythin else was cool and covered

are you sure, maybe u got summ1 who had no idea

Edited by RRR32_GoDzIlLa

i was under the impression that they wouldn't insure parts that were illegal but not void the insurance of the whole car.

They said for my car they wouldnt insure my carbon fibre but everythin else was cool and covered

are you sure, maybe u got summ1 who had no idea

ffs i do hope so.

So every thing else is covered right all except the illegal parts on the car.

Not what i was told.She said that any illegal modifycation no matter how little will make the insurance void and the payment withheld.

So the car was a writeoff because of the ''illegal mod'' they wont cover.Then this is grounds for no payment to me.It just doesnt sound right that so many skyliners on here get arround in a car that they think is insured but really wont be when it comes time to payup from the insurer all because of the 19'' mags they bought for the car altered the cars handelling and braking perrformance. :P

If it were llike this then many of us wouldnt be getting their cars in the first place.You buy these cars in the hope that you can mod it for more performance and have it insured full comp at the same time.

I think you better get back on the phone and sort this out with them.As i am definently going to try again and see if i can get a straight answer out of them.

lol, you're joking right?

I thought it was common knowledge that while they will allow UNLIMITED MODIFICATIONS, each modification must be legal.

No one is going knowingly insure an illegal car

Just to add fuel to the fire.Boost controllers are illegal on any car other than off road,right.So why do they have them listed as an insureable mod?

sounds about right to me. If your car is illegally moded, then it's technically not allowed to be driven, therefore technical not covered under a policy.... nothing out of the ordinary there.....

yeah it does suck but thats the way it is....

You could probably get some special coverarage for it, if it's a race car but then it still wouldn't be insured for road use....

Edited by Archie@

sounds about right to me. If your car is illegally moded, then it's technically not allowed to be driven, therefore technical not covered under a policy.... nothing out of the ordinary there.....

yeah it does suck but thats the way it is....

You could probably get some special coverarage for it, if it's a race car but then it still wouldn't be insured for road use....

Thats right.

I just got off the phone woth just cars again and they said that there are $100,000 modded show cars insured with them 3rd party all because the mods on the car are illegal and they wont get a payout if they were driving and caused the accident writing off their car.

Thats what so many skyliners are doing i bet but they are to embarresed to come foward.Do you just pray that it wont happen to you and you will get off with a light ding and still be able to drive away from the scene of the acident?

The only time it would benifit us is if the car was parked and it was scratched,mags stolen.That means that it is covered but if they decided to take front mount boost control,ecu.Then the ass for you!!

Also if the car is able to be changed arround so that it was able to be made legal after the time of the accident,it does not matter,It is all valid at the time of the accident.Yes you allready know!!!

''Full comp is a pipedream for 180rwkw cars even 160rwkw cars.At fault with mods found to be illegal at the time of accident'' You can quote that..

It has to be legaly engineered at the time of the accident!!

Just to add fuel to the fire.Boost controllers are illegal on any car other than off road,right.So why do they have them listed as an insureable mod?

if you park your car on "YOUR" driveway then its legal(non public area).

just like u can do donuts in your bakyard, lol. cops cant do anything.

thats the answer i was going to give. they are there to make money, so they will list mods that are legal to have, but not legal for road use.

another example of this is that autobarn etc will happily sell you pods, intercoolers, blow off valves and what not. but that doesnt make them legal.

People insure cars like this because from what ive read and heard, its not a case of "illegal mod. no payment"

it seems to depend on the circumstances, and who you get on the phone.

I know of a member on here thats had 2 accidents, with massive damage, and driving a completely non standard R33, on his P's, and has been paid out both times.

The insurance company might not always get to see your car as well...

That is a big risk he is running then.

I havent written off a car yet but i have had many fines.And for him to think that way is naieve.I could turn the key today turn the corner and be The one at fault in the accident not able to drive off but then again i could drive away.It's not that easy.

I guess he i sthe lucky one.Some just arnt that lucky.

i acctully ran up them yesterday after doin a online quote...

they wanted 900$ full comp for my cefiro....and its a full house ceffy and i told them about everything

they let everthing slide apart from my full roll cage has to be enggerned or removed before they will start my insurance policy....

personally i thought it was far, im 23yo no insurance history with a full modifyed turbo import and they only want 900 a year full comp

i acctully ran up them yesterday after doin a online quote...

they wanted 900$ full comp for my cefiro....and its a full house ceffy and i told them about everything

they let everthing slide apart from my full roll cage has to be enggerned or removed before they will start my insurance policy....

personally i thought it was far, im 23yo no insurance history with a full modifyed turbo import and they only want 900 a year full comp

when you say they let it slide, do you mean they actually said over the phone that they will pay you out even with any illegal mods that you mentioned?

ATM it is engineered but only after i had it put back nearly stock enginewise did they pass it.It has a kit,bonnet,17'' wheels,gauges and a fmic.

If i want the other parts i have to go on and i want it to be engineered then it wont be legal within nsw law.All because it will change emissions to much.

180rwkw no way is that legal.

I own an r33 gtst with a number of mods and I am insured with a company in victoria called vigil.

They are very good value and i have found them to be fairly lenient with their modification restrictions. Maybe you can give them a call. Their web address is www.vigilins.com.au

Theyre not open till monday www.vigilins.com.au.

If it does pan out as the other insureance companies have been i might just bite the bullet.And drive carefully not causing any accidents that write the car off.I couldnt stanfd having the car stolen and have nothing!

Still it's a long hard think