SAU Community

Shipping Methods For Larger Items Japan -> Aus

Kaido_RR

Yeah ok... deal is air IS 3 metres with a max length of 1.5metres and they stuffed up. The reason for the mistake is that sea is 2 metres with a max length of 1.05 metres... they got confused and said that was the max limit for both :angry:

currently struggling to get an exhaust system for an R34 under max size... I HATE large packages :pinch:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Streeter, thanks for that... still 20kg sea and air though right?

Also, do you have an approx weight for that exhaust? Ive got someone wanting a system for a s13, Im trying to explain to them it may be very expensive if I have to split the system in 2 parcels if weight goes 20+

Might as well ask here too... anyone heading to the Automesse on the sunday?

cheeRS

glenn

yeah 20kg max for both...

the r34 cat back is going to have to go in 2 pieces and weight is roughly 7-8kg for each piece. has to go via air though as the pieces are longer than 105cm :pinch:

Ill go to Automesse if I score free tickets otherwise cant really be bothered but I think L is going.

Edited by Streeter

Yeah ok...  deal is air IS 3 metres with a max length of 1.5metres and they stuffed up.  The reason for the mistake is that sea is 2 metres with a max length of 1.05 metres...  they got confused and said that was the max limit for both  :D

currently struggling to get an exhaust system for an R34 under max size...  I HATE large packages  :pinch:

does that mean we can get seats ?

drift007 reckons a reclined recaro is under the 3 metre limit so therefore can be sent but only via air as the dimensions are too big for sea. Bit of a shame as sea is roughly half the price. Also he mentioned that it only makes it under if the packing is done with bubble wrap which I think is a little risky given my experience with post LOL

Trouble will be if another type of seat is just over the maximum and then Im stuck with it here.

drift007 reckons a reclined recaro is under the 3 metre limit so therefore can be sent but only via air as the dimensions are too big for sea.  Bit of  a shame as sea is roughly half the price.  Also he mentioned that it only makes it under if the packing is done with bubble wrap which I think is a little risky given my experience with post LOL

Trouble will be if another type of seat is just over the maximum and then Im stuck with it here.

worst case scenario you can chuck it in one of our containers, but its not really a regular thing, so it might not see australia for 2 or 3 months.

i sent like about 30 or so bride brix seats through EMS back when i bothered doing it. out of the 30 about 5 were taken for customs. and only a single on was ever damaged. it had a small knife cut that apparently looked like the work of a box cutter which drew me to the conclusion that maybe customs did it to get a look inside the seat with a camera. you should be safe sending it i think. just write a high value on the insurance side of the form and that way if its damaged you can rape them. insurance is only like 100 yen anyway.. YOU CAN DO IT..... backend of 4 chu his here hahaha

i sent like about 30 or so bride brix seats through EMS back when i bothered doing it.  out of the 30 about 5 were taken for customs.  and only a single on was ever damaged.  it had a small knife cut that apparently looked like the work of a box cutter which drew me to the conclusion that maybe customs did it to get a look inside the seat with a camera.  you should be safe sending it i think.  just write a high value on the insurance side of the form and that way if its damaged you can rape them.  insurance is only like 100 yen anyway..  YOU CAN DO IT..... backend of 4 chu his here hahaha

if you have a high insurance value then you'll have to pay unnecessary taxes when it gets here. Its sorta like betting on them damaging it.

Well if drift007 is certain and I have funkey as a back up if it doesnt come in under max size then Im willing to get seats if anyone is keen.

just let me know :D

I agree with funkey, the whole reason you would bother importing is to get it cheaper in which case Id recommend going the other way and undervaluing it to lower/dodge tax and hoping that it isnt damaged in transit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

thought I'd add a point here....

I got stuck with a spoiler - purchased it for a customer, I'd guestimated that it would fit under the limits... wrong...

anyway - rang up takkyubin - and they said no problems. EMS, and exactly the same price as the post office.

beats using UPS and paying x3