SAU Community

Bugatti Veyron Review

Maxx

It might be slower, but I'd still prefer a McLaren F1. Its still more of a driver's car than this rocket sled.

The Veyron might win on a point and shoot track because of its insane acceleration, but the Mac One will still be a more rewarding drive and faster through the flowing stuff.

It might be slower, but I'd still prefer a McLaren F1. Its still more of a driver's car than this rocket sled.

The Veyron might win on a point and shoot track because of its insane acceleration, but the Mac One will still be a more rewarding drive and faster through the flowing stuff.

I beg to differ, have a read of its review in wheels if you get a chance, you will know what I mean

I think everyone expected it to be explosive in a straight line, but every review I've seen has commented about how unexpectedly brilliant the car is in the bends. I can't wait to drive one myself, but unfortunately I fear the wait may be eternal :wacko:

Edited by Big Rizza

^ Yes I think unless you are the son of a multi-millionare I can guarantee that you won't drive a veyron in your lifetime :O

As for cornering Clarkson seemed to be impressed.

And then I reached the Alps where, unbelievably, it got better. I expected this road rocket to be absolutely useless in the bends but it felt like a big Lotus Elise.

Of course it not going to be great around corners, you don't build a quad turbo W16 for cornering, but this one seems to do it ok.

Not trying to be rude or arogant, I've seen plenty of left hooker on the rd, Beside the facts, what is a $275 fine to someone who drive a $2m AUD plus car.

The beauty of these cars, that they don't attract the normal 20% luxury car tax bullsh*t.

As for cornering Clarkson seemed to be impressed.

I suppose, but Clarkson's got some strange sensibilities.

He repeatedly pans the 350Z over its competitors (like the Misfire and the TT of all things), but likes the way a Monaro goes around the bends.

Tiff Needel seemed quite impressed with the McLaren F1, and his opinion holds a lot more weight (even when Tiff was driving with Top Gear, Clarkson deferred to him).

Of course, the McLaren F1 is almost eligible for the 15 year rule so the fact that people will compare a car with 10+ years of development and an insane budget to it still speaks volumes about its abilities.

Have you seen all of Clarksons reviews of the Monaro? the reason he likes it so much is because you can drift it very easily straight out of the box and compared to other muscle cars its so cheap.He does a match up with an evo 8 though and at the end of the first corner the evo is already so far ahead its not funny at which point he says that the monaro is not fast at all but more fun than the evo.

anyway,

id love to see the bugatti in action.does anyone seen any videos of it?

• 2 weeks later...

The lastest episode of Top Gear has a race in which Clarkson drives the Veyron and loves it. I like Clarkson style and the way he reviews car hes not boring and is very interesting to watch. And by the looks of it the Veyron is the best car ever built.

The lastest episode of Top Gear has a race in which Clarkson drives the Veyron and loves it. I like Clarkson style and the way he reviews car hes not boring and is very interesting to watch. And by the looks of it the Veyron is the best car ever built.

I'd rather the plane they race it against. Cheaper and you can go a lot faster without having to worry about flashing blue lights in your rear view mirror :D

That car in Top Gear is nothing less than jaw dropping. 0-100km/h in 2.7 second...or was it 2.07 seconds? either way...its quick. Furthermore the section of the article stating the following shows a little.

'You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen'.

And for some serious but light hearted note:

'

Jeremy Clarkson

Times Online November 27, 2005

Bugatti Veyron

By Jeremy Clarkson of The Sunday Times

Utterly, stunningly, jaw droppingly brilliant

When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fizzy and a little bit frightening. When you go past 200mph it actually becomes blurred. Almost like you’re trapped in an early Queen pop video. At this sort of speed the tyres and the suspension are reacting to events that happened some time ago, and they have not finished reacting before they’re being asked to do something else. The result is a terrifying vibration that rattles your optical nerves, causing double vision. This is not good when you’re covering 300ft a second.

Happily, stopping distances become irrelevant because you won’t see the obstacle in the first place. By the time you know it was there, you’ll have gone through the windscreen, through the Pearly Gates and be half way across God’s breakfast table'.

Anyways..from what ive seen and read, the car has some power........ :)