SAU Community

Performance Shops in Perth - a joke?

Sneeza

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys im installing a high mount turbo and and front facing plenum and need a place to make up custom intercooler piping, custom air intake, and a 3.5inch dump/front, i have a 3.5inch cat and need from the cat to the resonator to be replace from 3inch to 3.5inch as stainless steel

need a good performance shop SOR that can do a good job at a reasonable price

I have rang around abit but been quoted some stupid quotes... have tried exhaust torque in bibra lake, but they kept giving me quotes on the whole exhaust system, gave up tryin to explain i only need parts of it made, called cypher but they want to look at the car before they will quote a price which is abit hard when it needs to be toed =P also tried top racing..

most of these places have quoted in the 2.5-3 mark which to me seems a little high..

in regards to piping whats cheaper for the intercooler.. stainless or aluminium.. also is it worth going stainless for the dump n front.. or be easier/cheaper to go mild steel

Cheers for any advice guys

Jarrod

would look like shit and have surface rust with mild steel, stainless steel ftw

most places would be 2.5-3k for that sort of work

try C-red my mate got quoted 2.1k for a similar setup (gt35r high mount, greddy intake)

or rent a car trailer and tow it to all the workshops

can also try Embelton engineering in Myree

or you can go to go gear and buy all the pre bent/cut pipes then get them to weld it

or use silicon joints

Edited by R32 Driver

i gave kermit a msg, I'll probably get some pics for cypher once i finish getting it installed and see if i can get a quote from that

where is sanders racing.. i googled it, couldnt find it has anyone got a number

also where is this go parts.. are they open on the weekend

Kermit is very good with stainless, highly recommended. He put together my 3.5" system.

But i wouldnt be expecting change from 2.5k+ if you want a quality job. 3.5" stainless is more than double the price of 3" as its not a stocked size.

Stainless cooler piping will be cheaper than ally, and there are also far more people out there who can do a good job of welding stainless... I've only found two people I'd recommend for ally and neither come cheap.

If your tight on cash the other option is do the easy stuff yourself (cooler piping, intake pipe etc) and get the exh done professionally.