SAU Community

Rb20 - Greddy Td06-20g 8cm

Waldo

hey guys,

i was wondering your thoughts on how well a greddy td06-20g with the 8cm ehxuast housing would go on a rb20. Currently i have tomei cams, gtr injectors, bosch 040, power fc, hks front mount, 3.5 inch exhuast. Just wondering would this put out a fair amount a power on an rb20, and will this be laggy with the 8cm housing? i need full boost by around 4000rpm...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he later changed to the 8cm housing and managed to pick up power both lower and higher in the rev range.

i believe his car was making ~240rwkw on 18psi, but i think he sholuld confirm it.

btw, for the people in the know, what are the exact differences b/w the td06-20g and the td06-25g?

yes come to think of it i've heard it's no good on two doors. will probably only work on blitzs four door. i'm sure he'll do you a favour and pay for the freight to his house to get it out of your way.

he later changed to the 8cm housing and managed to pick up power both lower and higher in the rev range.

i believe his car was making ~240rwkw on 18psi, but i think he sholuld confirm it.

btw, for the people in the know, what are the exact differences b/w the td06-20g and the td06-25g?

YUP...8cm and dyno'd at 234rwkws @ 17-18psi. It really startes kickign at 4,5400rpm, but the wastegate is creeping open just as you get to around 4,000-4,150rpm. The wastegate does creep open a little as im not using an EBC so its possible (??????) i could get it to come on a little harder. But traction is just about perfect so ramping it harder onto boost may make the car slower...i dont really know until i get the car back and some more money for a new AVC-R.

The TD06-25G not only uses a bigger compressor but also a much bigger turbine. Completely different turbo that seems to make 50-60more rwkws then a TD06-20G

yeah i have the apexi boost kit to run with it, also just to add, that this is the bolt on version t3 flange internal gated one, i will still need to replace dump pipe though,

roy are you running an internal or external gated one?

Well in my eyes the car use to be pretty tidy for an old R32…but then I had a small underbonnet fire at Winton 12 months ago which needed a new harness and blistered the paint on the bonnet. (And killed the AVC-R)

Didn’t take much to get the thing going again, and so it did after a tops re-tune, I drove the wheels off the thing for the next 5-6 months. In which time I had a big 270deg lose @ 150km/h at Calder where I just kissed the tyres, putting a slight dimple in the guard that already had paint damage from the fire retardant used on the fire….then I binned the car in the wet at Eastern Creek, into the tyres at Turn 8 :D Car was still driveable but it was starting to look , no…did look like a piece of sh1t

So a respray and hopefully a bit a reduced tendency to bin my car at the track in 2006 will mean I get more enjoyment then ever out of the old girl…long winded but you did ask :D

And my turbo runs an external gate…will be interesting to see your results with the T3 flanged turbo, as I suspect they don’t work near as well as the normal 3 bolt external type TD06, especially as they have to make do without the nice Greddy exhaust manifold :D

i have a hks wastegate actuator to run on it so hopfully it controls some big boost well, im lookin for around 230rwkw so i hope to get it, ill post up my results when i get it retuned with the new turbo. oh if anyone is interested in buying a high flowed stock turbo in the next month that is in pristine condition dont hesitate to give me a buzz as i wont need it anymore.

i have a hks wastegate actuator to run on it so hopfully it controls some big boost well, im lookin for around 230rwkw so i hope to get it, ill post up my results when i get it retuned with the new turbo. oh if anyone is interested in buying a high flowed stock turbo in the next month that is in pristine condition dont hesitate to give me a buzz as i wont need it anymore.

so how much would you be asking for the turbo and is it an RB20 hi-flow or RB25? basically does it meet up with a stock dump from a R32 gtst? Thanks mate