SAU Community

Decent And Honest Panel Beaters In Canberra

Is there any good panel beaters in Canberra???

Or rather is there any good panel beaters left in Canberra???

I have just a small job to be done to my Skyline and I wasted

too much time and money on driving around and asking them

for a quote. They are all so "bussy"...

act are so over priced and there are like only 2 places that do fiberglass work

they wanted between 6000 - 8000 to fit n paint my kit

I spent almost 2 months trying to find a decent place. Most would say for non-insurance jobs its a 6 month wait, or they refuse to even quote. I even found some guys who ran a private business one car at a time, who even said he started it because of the lack of skill and quality of businesses when it came to panel beating imported cars, but once he saw pictures of my car he never replied to my emails.

It seems almost worth it having it sent to sydney to a panel beater known to be good for their work on skylines.

The person I ended up going to I will NOT recommend...lets just say when you ask someone to 'fix' your car you expect it to be fixed, not falling apart.

There is a place next to Trojan in Mitchell, but I cannot comment on their quality of work. I think most people wont suggest anyone either because they dont have anyone to suggest or they dont want to make a recommendation that turns bad.

But as hr32gts said, the only good repairers will charge alot probably because they know they ARE the only good repairers.

Capital Collision in Fyshwick did my respray and fixed some bad repairs that had been done to the car before I owned it. Highly recommended.

I too had problems with people not wanting to do non insurance work when I was shopping around.

You may not get too many bites on this in terms of answers cause if you have a look this question has been answered many times before.

I spent almost 2 months trying to find a decent place. Most would say for non-insurance jobs its a 6 month wait, or they refuse to even quote. I even found some guys who ran a private business one car at a time, who even said he started it because of the lack of skill and quality of businesses when it came to panel beating imported cars, but once he saw pictures of my car he never replied to my emails.

It seems almost worth it having it sent to sydney to a panel beater known to be good for their work on skylines.

The person I ended up going to I will NOT recommend...lets just say when you ask someone to 'fix' your car you expect it to be fixed, not falling apart.

There is a place next to Trojan in Mitchell, but I cannot comment on their quality of work. I think most people wont suggest anyone either because they dont have anyone to suggest or they dont want to make a recommendation that turns bad.

But as hr32gts said, the only good repairers will charge alot probably because they know they ARE the only good repairers.

auto body tecnicians. their office entry is around the corner in winchcombe ct and they do extremely good work. we do all their tyre/wheel work and wheel alignments at work and can highly recommend them. good people that run it too. i'm pretty sure they're always busy though, they have a good reputation and get alot of insurance work but give them a call or drop in and see how you go. also in mitchell is BARS on grimwade st, good work but once again, always packed with insurance work. another one to try is all dents which is up near repco. oh and kershaw's is out there also but i haven't heard much about their work

D.

Capital Collision in Fyshwick did my respray and fixed some bad repairs that had been done to the car before I owned it. Highly recommended.

I too had problems with people not wanting to do non insurance work when I was shopping around.

You may not get too many bites on this in terms of answers cause if you have a look this question has been answered many times before.

I will call them tomorrow. Thanx for the tip...I realy can not understand what happened with our CASH economy. Even cash does not help any more...I will post my (hopefuly positive) results...

I am getting so frustrated that I will probably end up fixing it myself...funny how some people are

refusing cash these days...and it is soooooo simple, I need a job done and I have money to pay for it...

but I guess, no economic turndown is felt at panel beating brootherhood of Canberra...Thanx for the reply

act are so over priced and there are like only 2 places that do fiberglass work

they wanted between 6000 - 8000 to fit n paint my kit

Yep, I have about 12 square cm panel beating and a 15 cm long scratch, broken headlight and have

been quoted $2900 for the job. It seems to me that like they have system when one garage gives you a quote noone else will??? Headlight is a whole $ 120 bucks as second hand part (well, my car is from 1996, why buy a new one to look different from the other one)...Just plain ridiculos. Thank you for your toughts.

Moved this to the ACT section for you.... might get more response than the Newbie section :P

Thank you so much. I was not even sure what I was diong, and you were absolutely right...I 've got more response already...Regards D

auto body tecnicians. their office entry is around the corner in winchcombe ct and they do extremely good work. we do all their tyre/wheel work and wheel alignments at work and can highly recommend them. good people that run it too. i'm pretty sure they're always busy though, they have a good reputation and get alot of insurance work but give them a call or drop in and see how you go. also in mitchell is BARS on grimwade st, good work but once again, always packed with insurance work. another one to try is all dents which is up near repco. oh and kershaw's is out there also but i haven't heard much about their work

D.

I might try first Fyshwick place but will also keep my options opened. It seems so unreal that

it is easier to do halfcut car than simple panel beating job done in this town...Thanx for you reply.

The workshop i work at is next door to jim kershaws smash repairs so i have seen the quality of work he does which is very good and he is normally spot on with figures i have had a fair few repairs done by him to family and freind cars and the cost he charges is pretty good compared to other places and he is also VERY good with older cars. sometimes if its relativly simple he will tell you how to do it and wont charge.

mark

take it to sydney canberra is a joke!

i can recommend a place that will charge a fortune, leave your car for over a year and not do any work...but thats most places in canberra i guess

I had some work done at **REMOVED, PM FOR NAME** - don't go there, unless you like to see the sanding lines in the paint.

one place that I want to try is located just down from Wholesale sleeper co in Queanbeyan. Can't remember the name ATM, but they are visble from Canberra ave heading to fyshwick (on the corner with Kealman?)

the cars always look good. shoot me a PM if you don't haev any luck as I have a mate that is a panel beater (now public servant!) who may be interested.

So far, I have obtained fair and square quote from Canberra Body Works in QBN.

Only problem they can not guarantee that they wil source replacement headlight.

They guaranteed in-out period of one working week if I have the headlight (s).

I am going tomorrow to get a quote from Hume Body Works and see how lucky I will be

with them.

SO HERE IT IS : IF ANYONE HAS HEADLIGHTS FOR SALE FOR MARCH 1996 SERIES 2

GTST I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU. ANYONE - ANYWHERE.

Special thanx to all of you who replied to my message and might still reply to my

need for the headlights.

The workshop i work at is next door to jim kershaws smash repairs so i have seen the quality of work he does which is very good and he is normally spot on with figures i have had a fair few repairs done by him to family and freind cars and the cost he charges is pretty good compared to other places and he is also VERY good with older cars. sometimes if its relativly simple he will tell you how to do it and wont charge.

mark

Thanx

Edited by garantsarajlija

So far, I have obtained fair and square quote from Canberra Body Works in QBN.

Only problem they can not guarantee that they wil source replacement headlight.

They guaranteed in-out period of one working week if I have the headlight (s).

I am going tomorrow to get a quote from Hume Body Works and see how lucky I will be

with them.

SO HERE IT IS : IF ANYONE HAS HEADLIGHTS FOR SALE FOR MARCH 1996 SERIES 2

GTST I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU. ANYONE - ANYWHERE.

Special thanx to all of you who replied to my message and might still reply to my

need for the headlights.

Have you tried the For Sale section? plenty of cars being wrecked by other members who will sell those parts, but be quick, items like headlights generally go 1st....