SAU Community

How Do You Replace The Front Bulbs On An M35 Stagea?

samuri

What is the procedure to re-install xenon bulbs on an M35 stagea 2002 series 1, which were remove during compliance for normal bulbs.

Somebody told me I have to remove the wheel guard ( inner guard)and come up from underneath.Is it a cramped fiddly job or is it straight forward?

Arent these lights brighter and therefore safer at night?Why were they fitted from the factory in japan but not allowed in Australia?whats the big deal for Australian authorities?

Edited by samuri

they are removed because there are no automatic height adjustments, and no washers for the headlight units.

anyway, if the ballasts have been removed, youll need to buy new ballasts and burners. if the factory ballasts and wiring is still there, you can just put in new burners.

you need to have a look at them to see what has and hasnt been removed

they are removed because there are no automatic height adjustments, and no washers for the headlight units.

anyway, if the ballasts have been removed, youll need to buy new ballasts and burners. if the factory ballasts and wiring is still there, you can just put in new burners.

you need to have a look at them to see what has and hasn't been removed

Thanks zei201.

Only bulbs have been removed.Why are automatic height adjustments, and washers for the headlight units so important,yet the requirement isn't met for Japanese roads.

Obviously on coming glare for other cars is the issue , but surely it would be an issue for Japanese drives as well.

I am curious. why are washers necessary as most cars seen to get by without them.By burners do you mean bulbs?

Edited by samuri

It's actually, quite funny hearing about vehicle manufacturers refusing to provide cars for ADR crash testing (BMW, Audi, Mercedes) because European standards far exceed our own. I think they just like being unnecessarily officious. That, and they like smashing up other peoples shit...

You will sadly never see a road registered Veyron in Australia because ADR's required TWO vehicles for the authority to completely destroy! At $1.5 mill a POP, they were politely invited to go f##k themselves...

Edited by Daleo

Curiously, I once saw a road registered McLaren F1 driving in Sydney, passed me...quick. One of those things you don't forget in a lifetime!:wub:

I wouldn't have the slightest clue whose it was, how it got here/was registered etc etc. But I don't think 2 of them got smashed! I do see some NZ megacars (Rolls etc) get around, still with kiwi plates on- maybe there is some kind of strange rule about that?

Anyways, back on topic to please Chuckie... Do a search, I swear someone asked the same question. Isn't it either the through the wheel arch/plastic or remove the air box method? Would it be easyier of you removed the Front bar? someone said thats about a 5min job

some cars can be brought in as personal imports and arent subject to RAWS or something like that.

but you have to have owned the car in another country for at least 12 months blah blah

anyway, you may need to remove the airbox on the passenger side, and the radiator overflow bottle on the drivers side to get your hands in there.

they also arent bulbs, they are burners :P

osted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Anyways, back on topic to please Chuckie... Do a search, I swear someone asked the same question. Isn't it either the through the wheel arch/plastic or remove the air box method? Would it be easyier of you removed the Front bar? someone said thats about a 5min job

isnt removal of the Front bar for headlamp unit removal

osted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

isnt removal of the Front bar for headlamp unit removal

I asked the question on dec 20 about removing /replacing xenon globes on m35.. It was easy through the wheel arch on drivers side. passenger side easier through top end.

I asked the question on dec 20 about removing /replacing xenon globes on m35.. It was easy through the wheel arch on drivers side. passenger side easier through top end.

I tried the passenger side but did not remove the air box (not clear if I must do this or just its a good idea. it was quite awkward and I gave up as I wasn't sure what I was doing with no vision( and a little nervous).

Do I need to remove the air-filter box?

Is the globe replacement a straight swap?

I notice there is an upper and a lower light in the headlamp.( only had my car 10 days)

Where do I make the swap, upper or lower position in the headlamp.

thanks

the xenon is the upper light, yes it is a straight swap. but whatever you do DONT touch the glass of the burner, youll ruin it. an H4 is in the lower position for high-beam and fog light. also dont touch the glass, and yes its a direct swap.

It's actually, quite funny hearing about vehicle manufacturers refusing to provide cars for ADR crash testing (BMW, Audi, Mercedes) because European standards far exceed our own. I think they just like being unnecessarily officious. That, and they like smashing up other peoples shit...

You will sadly never see a road registered Veyron in Australia because ADR's required TWO vehicles for the authority to completely destroy! At $1.5 mill a POP, they were politely invited to go f##k themselves...

Most manufacturers do not need to submit vehicles to pass ADR, from a crash test and emissions point of view, as they already meet the Euro specs and the ADRs are in the main, based on the Euro regs. The main ADR specific changes are for the child seat mounts and variable dashboard illumination plus all the little pissy bits. They just submit their Euro aproved test results and it gets approved by Canberra..

They are even allowed to leave the ISOFix seat mounts in the cars (Subaru, Audi, BMW, Merc, Land Rover etc.) even though they are technically illegal under ADR.

Some of the ADR documents are copied from Europe even have the Euro (UNECE) numbers in them...

ADR for Xenons