SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

Daleo

Yer dale has done an excellent job ,,,,,

Yer dale has done an excellent job ,,,,,

I must say, this is simply and utterly

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

All of 10 minutes to fit it including jacking up the stag

Mine is completely standard apart from some really soft Japanese coil overs which came with the car, but my god what a difference it makes, confidently turns in, very noticible

Great work Dale ;)

Thanks guys; glad you like the Braces!

You don't really notice the flex until it's not there anymore. ;)

Got mines yesterday, just got to fit it. Will post further later on in week

Cool, glad to hear. :thumbsup:

Whens the next production run Dale!?

I know I said 2 weeks, last week, but it looks like being around 2 weeks.

I think he's too busy killing backpackers mate!

I don't kill them; they just don't seem to wake up.

I installed my brace today, althought it was a bit to wet to really give it any mumbo around corners it felt a lot sharper on heavier turn ins. Im looking forward to dry drive.

Easiest modification i have done yet!.

PS. Guy's....I'm not hijacking either Dale!......I will post in a new thread.

I'm going to be putting together a GB for the rear OX Underbrace hopefully in the next couple of day's........This will probably be a one off GB and going from the price in Japan for 1 unit I am hoping to hold to that price and then save shit loads in shipping as they will all come at once.

I'm looking for about 10-15 on the GB.

From what I hear Dale will still be making what I call the Reverse Rear Strutt brace! :P

lemme know dale, definitely want it once ready

Will do, there's a few others, so I'm definitely going ahead. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be putting together a GB for the rear OX Underbrace hopefully in the next couple of day's........This will probably be a one off GB and going from the price in Japan for 1 unit I am hoping to hold to that price and then save shit loads in shipping as they will all come at once.

From what I hear Dale will still be making what I call the Reverse Rear Strutt brace! :P

Put me down for the centre subframe brace! Seriously guys, get behind this; as I won't be manufacuring this particular one.

The GB price on this one will be better than I can do; it's just too much work to do by hand, and still keep the price fair.

Yep, I will be; hoping to get the car up on a hoist next week for a bit of measuring. Then I can put together a materials list, and start making a jig.

Count me in.

Which one are you looking to get for the GB?

translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.oxmotorsports.co.jp/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.oxmotorsports.co.jp/%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D870%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=oG7iT6TlIo7ymAXh8pXUAw&ved=0CFYQ7gEwAA

The directional graph looks like the rear brace will be quite beneficial, will be interested in one of those for both of us once we have had checked that both cars can use the same bracing Dale.

Cam, if the dimensions are within the ballpark, we can always customse the custom.

Slightly shorter or longer to suit mounting points would be possible, as long as the basic design is the same. :thumbsup:

Edited by Daleo

These are the prices I got via Jesse last year...FYI Craig

OX Motor Sports for M35 Stagea

Rear Under Bar Set - 10,440yen.

Rear Member Support Pipe Set - 12,490yen.

Rear Member Support Pipe Ver. N Set - 13,170yen.

Front Under Pipe Set - 10,440yen.

Edited by ironpaw

Er, ok;

Gratuitous stolen sample photo;

A12_Z2.jpg

Jack up and support car safely, or drive up on ramps.

Wipe a small dab of grease on the bolt thread (this will help avoid galling the thread and ensuring removal at a later date is simple) and climb underneath your car.

With the washer and nut on the top of the chassis bracket; loosely attach bolt on one side, then go to other side and loosely attach bolt.

Push the brace up flush against the chassis bracket, and see if the bar touches the rolled edge of the bracket. If it touches; remove and bend the edge back with a pair of pliers or vice grips. It's not very thick, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Grab an 8mm Allen key and a 17mm (I think) ring spanner and tighten the Nyloc nut on the thread. Don't be shy; you'll need 60-70ft/lb of torque.

Go for a drive; listening for any rattles that might suggest you haven't done the bolts up properly.

No rattles; go for a decent drive on some twisties.

Grab the closest person and commence rabbiting on to them about how great your rigid, black bar is; and ask them if they'd like to experience all it has to offer.

Check bolt tension after around 100km.

Got mine in the post today thanks Dale...

Did you post the installation up somewhere on here?

No worries mate, just bring it round this weekend and I'll make sure it gets fitted to the right car... :whistling:

Lol... didn't think of bending the roll. I shoved the two large stainless washers in there to clear the roll, and tightened it up. Seems OK. I'll have a look tomorrow and re-adjust if needed. Felt that the bolt had come through level to the nylock, plus a bit of locktite on it.

Thoughts Dale?