SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

Daleo

Still interested. Is the apprentice wrapping them for shipping like the sway bars?

Lol, he's moved on to doing oil changes on mum's car. :P

I can ask him if he'll do yours, but he's pretty busy... :whistling:

I'm sending them in a cardboard tube actually; so Auspost can't whang them up before you receive it. :thumbsup:

Hi Dale - haven't had a look under an M35 so is the suspension markedly different from the C34? Should I look to getting a front brace made up for my S1 (presuming you are not into making them) or is the set up such that there will be little or no benefit? And why do you not use aluminium - is it not strong enough?

the C34 has a similar setup to the S and R chassis.

the best bang for buck is a similar bar, however, it braces the two castor arm mounts in front of the front cross member. i had one on my S15, made a massive difference, similar to dales brace.

Hi Dale - haven't had a look under an M35 so is the suspension markedly different from the C34? Should I look to getting a front brace made up for my S1 (presuming you are not into making them) or is the set up such that there will be little or no benefit? And why do you not use aluminium - is it not strong enough?

I'm sure there's some benefit in undercar bracing for the C34; but I don't have one to evaluate or measure off, so that makes it difficult for me.

I know there were guys using R33 GTR undercar bracing on Stageas while back; it might be worth looking down that route?

I elected to use steel rather than alloy, because it's definitely my favoured medium; I know I can get excellent strength and good quality welds. Whereas with alloy on a structural member; I'd like to be heat treating them after welding, and that would make them stupidly expensive.

Also, on the brace I'm making, due to the thickness of the alloy required to be strong enough; my thin wall CrMo tube with steel ends is basically the same weight; possibly even lighter. You could virtually jack the car off it; the stuff is so rigid. I wouldn't bet on the same for the alloy one.

As Iain has said; tying together the radius rod mounts could definitely pay dividends, and it is a very common mod.

Will be mitring and welding tomorrow; it's going to be a busy day!

You planning on making 30 more Dale? Didn't think the M35 under body brace market in Aus was that big - or are you going international?

You planning on making 30 more Dale? Didn't think the M35 under body brace market in Aus was that big - or are you going international?

Lol, I had a mate CNC the ends for me; and he did a few extras...

I've got 12 to make this week though.

Edited by Daleo

Ok, welded four braces yesterday, mitring the rest of my tube today; so I should have most of them finished and in paint by the end of the week!

Ok, welded four braces yesterday, mitring the rest of my tube today; so I should have most of them finished and in paint by the end of the week!

What's the hold up??? :P

Edited by Jetwreck

What's the hold up??? :P

Lol, stupid day job; cutting into my Stagea work...

Got one for you mate; just let me get some paint on it.