SAU Community

Need Some Legal Advice

SargeRX8

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone here recalls but some years ago, my car was written off. Long story short, the matter went to court, I won my case. 3 years later the other party still has not made any effort to make payments. I don't want to go to a solicitor again since they charge an arm and a leg. I just need advice. Where should I go with this? There is no expiry date/response date on the judgement. All it says is the defendant is to pay plantiff x amount of money and after 28 days interest will be charged at 8.5%

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. This stressed me out for far too long and I just want it done and dusted.

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone here recalls but some years ago, my car was written off. Long story short, the matter went to court, I won my case. 3 years later the other party still has not made any effort to make payments. I don't want to go to a solicitor again since they charge an arm and a leg. I just need advice. Where should I go with this? There is no expiry date/response date on the judgement. All it says is the defendant is to pay plantiff x amount of money and after 28 days interest will be charged at 8.5%

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. This stressed me out for far too long and I just want it done and dusted.

take the judgement down to the courthouse/sheriffs office and ask them if their is a date it has to be paid by, i find it strange that there isnt one

It is an two individuals. They're still around. I made some phone calls. I need to fill out some forms for the Sheriff but they ask for details about the other party(address, number etc) which I cannot provide. Tedious task.

I can't remember who was telling me but there was this agency my mate went too where they would only be paid after they completed the debt collection, it was about 10% more but still you pay them once they've sorted through the mess. it's a really annoying situation but I'd advise just talking with the police etc, as it can be a pretty serious crime if you don't pay a debt after a long situated time.