SAU Community

A few questions for those of you with Link ecu's

A few questions for those of you with Link ecu's

My gtr is about to get parked for the winter and I plan on installing a Link g4 plug in ecu and just had a few setup questions. 

1 I have a LC1 wideband O2 sensor that I will be putting in so do I even bother leaving the factory O2 sensors installed? I was planing on installing the wideband in the front pipe after the two pipes joint, does anyone run 2 widebands or just stick with the one?

2 I read that the Link ecu doesn't use the factory knock sensors, if so is it worth getting the Link ones and again just 1 or run 2 like factory?

3 What would be the minimum read level for a map sensor, I have a pair of gt2860r-5 going on and planing on running around 1.4-1.5bar and the absolute most. Any advantages of a 4bar sensor over lets say a 3bar sensor? I understand that sensors are rated in absolute atmospheric pressure and need to take that into account.

4  For boost control solenoid stick with a Link solenoid or is there other options?

Thanks

1. No need for narrow band O2 sensor

2. If you want to use knock control get a Link sensor - don't know of the advantage of two over 1.

3. 3 bar should do if you only plan to run 1.5 bar but your plans might change - if you can get a 4 bar for not much more why not.

4. Link solenoid is just a re-labelled Mac valve. ( I used a Mac valve).

• 7 months later...

Kind of old thread but I just wanted to chime in about the map sensors. They all output the same voltage range so while the 4 bar can be used for higher boost they will have less resolution than a 3 bar. I don't really know how much this effects real world tuning. But you should pick one for your future plans.