SAU Community

Tas Whoretown

Keegs

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually like it ;) much nicer on iPhone where the old version _was_ broken in multiple ways. Haven't used the desktop version much yet though, mostly because using it via my phone is so easy now :P

Web development is only difficult because it's hard to take into account all of the different browsers (mobile included), anyone can build a website, but supporting it is a bitch. At work we generally just do ie8+, and latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari unless the client asks specifically for a certain browser. That's for internal projects, external you need to go back to ie6+, Firefox 3.6+ etc.. Testing and resolving issues becomes more difficult as you expand that, each change will fix one browser and break another. Mobile browsers being generally fine, but a chunk more work due to thousands of screen sizes, 3 popular OS's which span across bloody hundreds of operating system versions...

A lot of the features you can use on phones aren't even supported by windows mobile, so it restricts you to that which they do support. A lot of mobile websites don't even support windows mobile, anything based on sencha touch or jQuery Touch (or any of it's variants) frameworks just get a blank screen when someone uses Internet Explorer.

God I hate Internet Explorer.

</rant>

As an aside, who's coming to super series this weekend?