SAU Community

Removing Dents/rock Chips?

Links

Afternoon everyone..

I'm wanting to get some of the rock chips and smallish dents out of my car and was wondering if people could recommend any detailers in the Sydney area - and also a rough guide on pricing..

I've done a search - didn't turn up too much..

Anyways - i've also got a couple of scratchs - largest being about 2cm's long that has a tiny bit of rust as it's down to the metal and was done by the previous owner..

Also scratches on my front bar, side skirts, and rear bar from previous owner..

I'm guessing a detailer should be able to fix those up - yes? also can the pop small dents out? i've got one that is just pushed in - not a creased scratch - just one that will pop out..

Any help would be great - prices also - I have no idea and haven't had a chance to get a quote..

Cheers

Links

:P

i wouldn't be so sure that small dents will just pop out. but regarless of that the scratches that have gone through to the metal (hence the rust) will need to be painted. i would take it to a panel beater and get them to have a look at it.

Hmm.. fair enough than - so a smash repairer would mainly be the place to go.. are detailers mainly for polishing up the car and so forth.. or should I get things repaired at a smashy than get it all touched up at a detailer?

I am in the same position you are! My car came with a few scratches that need attention and recently someone with a tow bar reversed into the front bar and left a bit of a dent! :P Would anyone know if this is possible to repair or if I do a full repray would it just be easier to get another S2 front bar?

Any rough prices for this kind of work and/or good places in Sydney to take the car to?

There is a company called "Touch Up Guys" with mobile vans and they do exactly this sort of work. Sorry, don't have any contact details, but whitepages will have this info.

When I lived in Newcastle I used one of those 'Dentbusters' guys to remove a dent following a dog v. Subaru incident. (The dog actually charged from across the street, crossed traffic, and rammed the driver door when we were at 50kmh!?)(and he picked himself up and ran home too!)

The Dentbuster/Dentextractor guy was very very good. Paintless dent repair took out the large dent plus two small dents from guys opening their doors into our car. All up was about $100 iirc.

So, maybe take it out to one of those guys for a quote first - might save some hassle?