SAU Community

Truck Reversed Into My Gtr

SXC180

Ive only owned the car for 1 week and it was parked on the street and a 4 tonne truck reversed straight into it and drove off ... lucky i had 2 witnesses who let me know the guys details .. so frustrating cause the car was DEAD straight before !!

hopefully this guy doesnt screw me round and i get it sorted asap , i went and got a quote today from a local smash repairer and it was $1300

img228148oz.jpg

Ouch!! I hate so much when that happens :D even to other ppl's cars. Anyone who can't do reverse parking (trucks, cars, scooters...) should get their license taken off. I got the creep everytime there are parking spaces infront or behind my car. And most of the time ppl bump into someone's car just drive off !! Sorry to hear about the car dude. It's likely the truck belongs to a company so hopefully insurance will work out easier. Happened to a mate at work so he rang up the company and threatened them he's gonna ask cops to pay them a visit or take legal actions,... That company got freaked out and settled it within 2 weeks

What an ass! Doing the runner! =-o

Report it to your insurance company ASAP, with the details that you have. If you have full comp, they will be able to help you out a great deal. If he fails to recognise his fault, you can lodge a damaged property claim with the police.

I had to do this for my sister, who was in the same situation. Asian lady in an excel backed into her car and drove off. Police were nice enough to pay her a visit. =-]

Dude, GET INSURANCE.

Even 3rd party.

your insurance company would take care of everything even getting the money off him.

You are mad id you don't get insurance, and not to put too fine a point on it, I hate to be on the road with people who don't have insurance, because if you crash into me, I'll throw the book at you, and you'll be paying for my car, and you'll be driving a push bike.

Seriously dude, get some insurance.

BASS OUT

oh... that sucks... sorry to hear.. I'm a freek when i park.. always leaving lots of room for anyone else...anytype of parking... I don't trust anyone... :lol:

Second that. Never know what little kid would enthusiastically open the car door next to yours...and i certaintly dont park next to commodores (oldish ones) nor trucks with trays of any sought. Spewing :D

Dude, GET INSURANCE.

Even 3rd party.

your insurance company would take care of everything even getting the money off him.

3rd party insurance won't help you when you are in an accident with someone else and its thier fault usualy. You need full comp for them to chase this - they only do it then because they would have to pay it themselves if they didn't chace the other person. 3rd party they don't care, not thier problem.

Still agree with you tho - should have 3rd party at least incase you smash into a 200k bmw or merc :rant:

i dont have any insurance but that shouldnt matter... called his insurance tonight they said they will try and sort it out for me

Get Insurance !!!!!

Seriously - if you have a GT-R you should have insurance, for your sake and for everyone else's

You'll sleep easier too :rant:

If you can't afford it - then ask yourself why you are owning a GT-R in the first place.

ferni.

I think you'll find that most 3rd party insurers have a "no fault, no claim" assistance thing where they will make sure to get the money off the other person.

They make money from doing this so it's in their interest.

Usually they will ask you to use one of their authorised repairers and it's all then sorted out.