Wrx Club Sprints - Rnd 1 - Calder

Snowman

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my cars not up to scratch just yet, havent event got a harness yet...

and due to a having to work till 2 and a mates 21'st that Sat night, i wont even be able to come and watch :mellow:

aiming to enter the Island round if all things go well....

good luck guys! keep it on the tarmac :(

cheers

To be honest I don't know - I've only been to PI in the R34 once.. the lap time wasn't anything great since I was on street tyres, and it was well before i made a few significant power/handling upgrades :) more just for fun than anything else. I took my old 200sx to PI a few times before, but I'm super keen to get out there with the R34 again and try out my new setup B)

I heard what times you were running jack. I'm very impressed... Having the car capable of it is one side, the other side is the balls, and looks like you found yours! :P

Now if i can only find mine *continues searching* :(

Yeah thanks Andrew, I think once u are comfortable and have confidence in the car, u can take most corners with great speed without fear of sliding off, especially with brand new RE55's....

I reckon I could still improve on that, we'll see next month, round 2 is at PI....

Oh com eon. Dont tease, what times Jack?  The new turbos feel as good on the track as they do the street?  :)

Well, let's just say I did an unofficial 1:50, as the last session of the day was not 'officially' timed for some reason.... Crazy Frank and Steve (Black 550 Maranello) hand timed me in the last session with a best of 1:50.06. On the piarc site I registered a 1:52 in the second last session.... Last time I was at PI my best was a 1:58.....

Going to try and dip into the 49's next month..

Roy, turbos feel awesome, so much torque down low and response is second to none compared to old setup.....

Nice one Jack...awesome time at PI :)

Come on Matt don't be ashamed to post your times mate, you can't expect to set the world on fire the first time you're out there.... :)

To everyone racing at Calder this weekend, best of luck and show those pesky rexs what real power can do :)

hey Jack,

what turbo's are you running now?? no more t517z's??

Dane

Hey Dane,

T517's are gone. replaced with GT2560R's, similar to 2530's but more response and spool up quicker, they lack the top end of the T517's but I can live with that, so much nicer to drive.....

Yeah Matt, what times??????????????