SAU Community

Jobs In Japan?

GTR-80Y

Hey there in the land of the rising sun!

Recently met this jap girl in sydney, and we hit it off big time but now shes back in f*kuoka. I was thinkin about moving there to live for a while and working teaching english or anything else a non japanese speaker could do.

Cheers,

Lozz

my advice is to go there for a holiday first before you try and make a move to live and work there. learning some japanese wouldn't hurt either.

plus i hope she is very hot if you are trekking to japan to try and hook up...

hahaha well we hooked up already in syd and we been talkin about future plans.

I spent 5 weeks in japan a few years back with my ex (she was jap/korean but full aussafied) and loved the place.

hahaha yes shes is damn hot, would i trek accross the world for anything less? :)

hahaha well we hooked up already in syd and we been talkin about future plans.

I spent 5 weeks in japan a few years back with my ex (she was jap/korean but full aussafied) and loved the place.

hahaha yes shes is damn hot, would i trek accross the world for anything less? :)

well then, dont be shy, post a pic ;) nothing too racy though...

haha no its not for parts....altho the guys in syd are already giving me shopping lists!

But where am i gona work? Teach engilsh? Pump petrol takumi style? Deliver tofu in a 86?? (She laughed and informed me ths does not exist anymore)

I work as a construction estimator here in syd.

haha no pics baron or u'll short the keyboard :)

sounds all great blah blah blah but i hate to be the one to break it to you.. a lot of people i know here in Tokyo came and did the same thing as what you're planning to do.. Aka. Come to japan to be with girlfriends, work as english teachers, and try and get by... For some people it works, but also for a large number, the girls go back to living with their families, and returning to their previous state.. a lot of people on other forums (Gaijinpot.com for one) also speak of similar stories.. I won't go into here, but have a look at some forums before you take the big jump to see what others have to say..

Also, Can you speak any japanese? Can you read/write hiragana, katakana, kanji? If not.. id get cracking on learning some before you come..

Hate to be negative, but maybe its more the truth than anything else.

plus being an english teacher in japan will get you next to zero respect over there. and not much cash either. sad but true.

it would be good fun for a year or two, but not really a decent long term carrer choice.

Go for it if you want to.

There are plenty of people who have made it work, on here and other forums.

There will always be someone who is negative. Always someone who bitch about it on various Japan forums, advice people not to go, because their stay in Japan didn`t workout.

Edited by CircusMonkey

Cheers Circus Monkey!

Thanx for the advice guys......i just think i'm having a start of life crisis, not sure if i'm cut out for the rat race. Everyday just seems like groundhog day weeks pass and i don't even know it.

Poida: I'm of chinese background so picking up the language shouldn't be too bad....i hope.