SAU Community

Type M - R32

hey guys ill try n get some pics...

I got a 89 r32 skyline its got the digital climate control, front spoiler and a air purifier??? up also it got the little parking sensor in the front bumber...

How esle would i tell if its a m-spec???

thanks in advance for your help

wtf an R32 M Spec?

Ground rules...

Only "M Spec" to ever come out in a post 1989 Skyline is an R34 GTR M Spec.

R32 GTSt's and R33 GTS25t's came in a "Type M"

A "Type M" is a factory package bundle. The package deal changes from year to year and some dealers included extra options in the package deal. So for example if you bought a Type M from Nissan, you'd usually get 16" rims, a "sports" bodykit and a bill for 100,000 Yen more than a regular GTSt.

All items available standard on a Type M are available as factory option upgrades on base models.

nah its not a type m... but it got everything a type m would have. anyone know where to get a filter for the air thingy???? and where i car ger my nissan tv thingy to work???? or isnt it worth it. also where do i get a normal dash kit from and around the power windows coz this is all wood grain n just doent look right

• 4 weeks later...

What is the difference between a normal r32 gts-t and a mspec r32 gts-t?

I know there is that thing at the front that goes up or down with the switch but what else is there?

But i will give you a hand - the only thing that they all seem to have in common is the bigger brakes.

All other extra bits and pieces are just options, and should not be used to tell if a car is a type-m or not. The only way to know for certain is to put the VIN into FAST (can get someone to do this on the forum here)

yeah I did a search but didn't find anything. I don't think my car has an intercooler? Yeah I know I have ABS but that is about it. I didn't know it was called type-m. I'm even more confused then I was before :)

...looking at the picture in your avatar, you have a type-m .. assuming it's your car... standard 32gtst's are pretty rare..

As xRhettx has already pointed out the front breaks are four-pot's on the type M's and two-pots ( I think?) on the standard gtst's.

other things to look for are sideskirts, frontbar, rims, leather steering wheel, climate control... there's a shitload of extra's... as far as I know the parking guide (thing that goes up or down) is also an extra on both cars..

your intercooler should be located (facing the car) on the inside of the right hand side of the frontbar.. if you follow the piping from the airbox you will find it alright...

Mine is a type-m , it has the big brakes, climate control and thats it... no side skirts, abs or aero kit.

Get the vin no and do a search for FAST on the forums, post in the FAST thread and they can look your car up for you and find out all sorts of cool stuff...if you ask nicely.

Here's a little guide as what the differences were. check out the pic attached.

aside from the brakes being different. the standard GTS-t didn't come with electronic climate control, or the GT-R steering wheel. and there were minor trim differences.

there were a couple of body kit options available for the r32 GTS-t. the so-called Type-M front bar with the more squared off look was actually an option offered to customers as well as the side skirts. projector headlights were also seen as an option so you'd sometimes also see R32 GTR's even with the non projector headlights.

post-17857-1131577691.jpg