SAU Community

Which Model Series Do You Prefer?

mcnamg

Series 1 or 2  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings fellow Stagea fans thought I might post a poll to find out the opinions of fellow Stagea fans.

Which series of Stagea do you prefer? Series 1 or 2. When you vote post up why you prefer a particualr series take into account things such as appearance, performance, price and anything else that makes a difference to your decision.

Lets hear some opinions.

Happy Posting

Edit. What are peoples opinions on the different styles of bodykit available for series one and series 2 in your opinions which has the greater of better range of choices

Edited by mcnamg

I much rather Series 1. I just dont like the looks of the front of the Series 2. Other than that, the only thing that would make me want to buy a Series 2 would be that "rumour" that Series 1's dont come fromt the factory as a manual...?

Lucky my Series 1 is manual :D

FLAME AWAY!

Glenn, you're back!?!?!?!

Whatever happened to the "Dammit, I'm gonna miss my crashed Stagea, might have to replace it with a 260RS now..." thing?

Welcome back, anyways...

Oh and I prefer the front end of the s1, but the clear indicators, etc. of the s2 - wouldn't mind having that Neo6 engine, either...

Nick T.

series 1 for looks, i like the front lights better than series 2 and also the grille on series 2 looks funny with the spotties in it. series 2 taillights r wayyy better though. series 2 driveline is heaps better but that doesnt matter if u r changing it all like me :P

at the end of the day its still a stagea which ever one u choose so either is a good option in my opinion :)

each to their own :)

Brad

i love my series 1, i have cool eyelids and grill, also a nice simple bodykit. The engine is the same as my old R33 so i know how to work with it and things like tiptronic don't really appeal to me. I prefer having the driving/fog lights inside the light cluster rather than a separate set of lights in the grill.

Soon i'll have series 2 interior though (RSFour-S) and i've got series 2 tailights, so mines a bit of a mongrel now. Series 1 260RS wing is the icing on the cake.

Lastly for the price, i don't think i'd get a series 2 with dual sunroofs and leather interior.

There's my 1.73¥

Gold,

Thanks for the welcome back but your thinking of madwagon who stagea got hit by a bus in qld (Im in WA BTW) he was the one who was going to use the insurance money to buy an rs260.

back to the topic I prefer series on stageas as the lights look better and i think the front looks more aggressive. I also think that the body kits for series one look better. only downfall on S1 is no manual but for the prices you can pick up a series one for at auction and the cost of conversion its still cheaper than a series 2 manual with the same bits like leather dual roofs and so forth

thats my 2 baht

Gold,

Thanks for the welcome back but your thinking of madwagon who stagea got hit by a bus in qld (Im in WA BTW) he was the one who was going to use the insurance money to buy an rs260.

back to the topic I prefer series on stageas as the lights look better and i think the front looks more aggressive. I also think that the body kits for series one look better. only downfall on S1 is no manual but for the prices you can pick up a series one for at auction and the cost of conversion its still cheaper than a series 2 manual with the same bits like leather dual roofs and so forth

thats my 2 baht

I stand corrected! Regardless, you have been pretty absent from the forums for a while (or at least this part of it, anyway).

I stand corrected! Regardless, you have been pretty absent from the forums for a while (or at least this part of it, anyway).

Yeah havent been on too much lately and when I have been on I have just been reading and not posting. Current job blocks internet access to non approved sites so cant post from work like I used to. Good to see more people posting though.

What about the later model (2001-)?

Mmmm, 400Nm of VQ25DET goodness.

I would love one of those even if they do look more like a Volvo.

Here Here! I love the look of the M35!! mmMMmmMMmm bring on the ability to bolt on turbo kits from 300ZX's!

im very very suprised that people are voting for the series 1 over the series 2 :P i thought i just had bad taste, and expected everyone to say the series 2 is way better and series 1's are crap :O

good to see varying opinions, as all series 2's on the road or just series 1's would be abit boring now wouldnt it :no:

I reckon both look pretty good. I do like the Series 2 with the Neo, and unlike many, I really enjoy the tiptronic. Its pretty good too, when giving it some stick. I also enjoy changing with the lever too, nice clicking progression, although its the reverse of my XR6T.

One thing that really impresses with the Neo engine tho, is the smoothness of the thing. It just keeps revving out. Cant wait to let it breathe a bit better.

I must say that the lights on the Series 1 look better. Still, at least people notice the Stag.......I get heaps of blokes nearly breaking their necks to have a look, going WTF! :O

I reckon both look pretty good. I do like the Series 2 with the Neo, and unlike many, I really enjoy the tiptronic. Its pretty good too, when giving it some stick. I also enjoy changing with the lever too, nice clicking progression, although its the reverse of my XR6T.

One thing that really impresses with the Neo engine tho, is the smoothness of the thing. It just keeps revving out. Cant wait to let it breathe a bit better.

I must say that the lights on the Series 1 look better. Still, at least people notice the Stag.......I get heaps of blokes nearly breaking their necks to have a look, going WTF! :O

I preferred a white car - the SII was available, therefore now that I have paid the money - it is SII. Then again there are some nice SI getting around. At the end of the day my passengers do not complain, I am sure they would be just as happy in a SI.

post-18577-1141628612.jpg