SAU Community

Ecu Remaps

Is PFC is the only way???

wat about SAFC?

i am going to get a SAFC soon,

i know its not as good as PFC, but funds limited at the moment and Iam not planing to do anything to it for awhile,

am now sitting at 197kw,

wat SAFC actualy do?

I know it can tune with AFR,

wat else can it do?

and does it have to be tune by dyno expert or u can actualy set it with the SAFC unit?

cheers,

remaps are better than safc's

if you're on a budget it's the way to go, you can do everything a power fc can do, only you don't get a hand controller. The advantage is it's easier to tune, and also has a 20x20 map instead of the stock ecu's 16x16 map (so technically is better, however if you extend the map 16x16 is plenty of resolution imo).

As mentioned, sam (dr_drift) is probably the dude to talk to.

So what would be better

Greedy emanage (with all harnesses) or remap

cheers

harder to tune with remaps, but there is more stuff you can do.

base emanage package doesn't allow ignition timing adjustment, to get same capability as stock ECU remap you will need:

- Base emanage

- Injection harness

- Ignition harness

you can also get a map sensor for it and boost sensor (which i think is a boost controller of some sort)

They are ok for nearly half the price of a powerfc, if all you want to do is alter rev/speed limits, fuel cut, fuel map, and bigger injectors/afm. But any of that you can do with a stock remap with relative ease.

remaps may seem like a cheap option but they cannot be sometimes..

eg

$300 for remap (which is generic and wont benifit you entirely)

plus another $300 for dyno time if you wanted to get it done "properly"

but if you find something not going to plan then expect another $300 for more dyno time...

take my advise or learn the hard way.. like i did

if you want to get dr_drift to do it thats fine but he's in victoria and if you have complications you may find yourself in a pickle!

i agree with silver 32, just spend the money now cause it will end up bitting u in the ass later i had a remap, had troubles getting it right by the end i nearly spent as much as a full ecu! now i went got a wolf 3d v4 and now went some temp compensations are slightly out you can fix it your self with trial and error.

Do it once do it properly, if only i learn't that before i spent so much money

Thanks guys.

I was goin to be happy to spend 600 on a remap, as it would cots bout this to tune a PFC anywayz, but as a few of you have mentioned, may go thru the roof!

My engine isnt anything crazy, but i will be upgrading the turbo b4 i get it tuned. aiming for ~200rwkw.

Any positive Remap stories :S

it mightn't suit people without a little technical knowledge, but for me, a remap is the best option. For around $600 or so I can buy a consult interface, wideband o2, eprom writer & solder a socket onto the stock ecu, and then tune it myself. Road-tuning is almost as good as dyno, and since I did the tune myself i can easily modify it when I add mods etc.

I can do a "map trace" using the consult interface and some software I have written, the only disadvantage is I can't do real-time tuning without a rom emulator. but i'm looking at that!

for an rb20det, an aftermarket ecu with the features I want and wideband o2 will be costing in the midst of $2k, so this is a good option...

If your tuner has the correct setup, tuning a stock ecu is as easu as powerfc. If he had problems with tuning your stock ecu, he would have had the same problems with powerfc, and would have spent roughly the same time on the dyno! I guess it comes down to how good your tuner is!!