SAU Community

Some b*s*a*d broke in!!

Originally posted by croat

Set a alarm on your garage door. That is the 1st thing i would do. If you are still paranoid i would sleep in the garage (i have done this on numerous occasions), or in your car.

Why the **** would you 'guard' your car by SLEEPING in it?? Don't you want to be catching THEM by surprise?

And don't you want to avoid confrontation with the burglars? What if they're armed and there's more than one, except you don't realise that until you've charged out in your nighties? Risking life for an insured, 30 odd thousand dollar car?

Also isn't disconnecting the battery -> resetting the ecu bad for the car?

I think motion sensors is the way to go. Either a loud siren or one that only notifies you, so you can call the cops. Meanwhile little things to stall them like disconnecting the electronic door on the garage at nights (dunno if electronic garage doors can be opened manually?), padlock and chain your wheel to a pillar, double park the car.

These thieves don't sound like professional car thieves if they're knocking off stuff from your neighbour then coming back to your car the next day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go out and buy an AUTOTASER if I knew where to get one in OZ. By comparision it has better features than the old Club lock.

Built in alarm and electric shocks to boot. If there was another way to increase the voltage I would be willing to do it. I would love to go into the garage in the morning and walk over the would be thief writhing on the floor. LOL

MoonButt

Fit a car bomb to the car and when they steal it press the button. Although this may void your no claim bonus. Or put some glass bottles around your car so they trip over and break there neck. Or some fishing wire around your car connected to a shit load of bells. That way u will hear them and have time to give them "WHAT FOR" then ring the cops.

Originally posted by croat

Set a alarm on your garage door. That is the 1st thing i would do. If you are still paranoid i would sleep in the garage (i have done this on numerous occasions), or in your car.

Why the **** would you 'guard' your car by SLEEPING in it?? Don't you want to be catching THEM by surprise?

And don't you want to avoid confrontation with the burglars? What if they're armed and there's more than one, except you don't realise that until you've charged out in your nighties? Risking life for an insured, 30 odd thousand dollar car?

Also isn't disconnecting the battery -> resetting the ecu bad for the car?

I think motion sensors is the way to go. Either a loud siren or one that only notifies you, so you can call the cops. Meanwhile little things to stall them like disconnecting the electronic door on the garage at nights (dunno if electronic garage doors can be opened manually?), padlock and chain your wheel to a pillar, double park the car.

These thieves don't sound like professional car thieves if they're knocking off stuff from your neighbour then coming back to your car the next day.

Originally posted by BoOsTeD_RB26

what would actually happen though if something happend and say the thief got "hurt"?

coz I have heard of thieves breaking into peoples houses...getting hurt and sueing the owner. how does this work? just a quick Q...sorry to go an bit off topic.

Boosted - I was talking to a copper friend ages ago about this.

Apparently if you are going to defend *cough* yourself with a bat, make sure that you hit them at knee height or below. He said this will hold up in court as being done in self defence as you simply wanted to stop them from causing you harm.

Soooo, knee cap the ***er........

To me alarm bells would have gone off when the remote was in a funny area and the doors open.

I would have called the cops then and got the house dusted for prints. And got the car dusted to see if they had touched the car.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing this was happening.

I'd do everything possible to stop them. Change the frequency of the door. All they'd have to say is they lost the remote and need another like this. Put an alarm on the garage door.

I'd even set up the cameras filming the front of the garage door.

This gave me the shivers when I read it thinking that people could go to so much effort just to steal a car!

NismoGirl: yer I know ..... sad isn't it.

Jay95R33: knee cap it is :D if all goes bad. thanks for the info people.

I've looked at several things to make the car less stealable. I rang an alarm guy and he recommended a keypad with another 3 immobilisation cut things, so this must be better than what I've got surely.

as cameras go......i'm gonna try and get my hands on some :D but i dont know if I should get ones that hook up to a PC or a VCR. decisions decisions.

Get all the eyes in your area alerted to the situation, but i would be a bit weary of my neighbours still, i dont know what level of trust you have with them, but i wouldnt trust no body....well at least be a bit careful.

i probaly sound really paranoid, but your neighbours know your routine and habits, and would be easier for them to potentially steal a car.

I had a nice simple car alarn wen I had my Suzuki 4x4 softop.

Everynight, just after I took the keys out of the ignition, I would turn the stereo up full blast, lock the door, and goto sleep.

One night, some kid did break in (Not hard) and hotwired it. He shat himself when the stereo kicked in. Needless to say, he did not get it started, and I caught him red handed.

What happened before the cops arrived? Well he did fall down a few times, and fell against the wall twice.....Plus the front stairs are tricky at night! *grin*

Seriously, a few empty glass bottles laying around make a hell of a racket when someone trips over them!

Oh, if they try and roll your car out of the garage, without starting it, a spanner sitting ontop of each tyre will make HEAPS of noise when they hit the floor!

Originally posted by [Ken]

Becuase i dont have 30 odd thousand to play around with and stuff that whole surprise bullshit off. Its not that dangerous. They break into my garage and im in there, that would freak them out catching them by surprise and i am sure they would not do it again... I have a 6 cell mag light with me so a quick confrontation is no problem.