SAU Community

4wd Light On

gtr2env

faulty g sensor under the center console behind the handbrake dude

I got the same proble, Faulty G sensor eoor. How can I fix this? is this a easy fix? Please give more details.

Cheers

Chinthana

I got the same proble, Faulty G sensor eoor. How can I fix this? is this a easy fix? Please give more details.

Cheers

Chinthana

Can anyone help here please, how to fix the G sensor error.?

New g-sensor...

Is this something anyone can install by them self? where is this G sensor located in the car exactly?

Where can I buy a G sensor from? repco maybe? any part numbers? (for R33 gts4)

forgot to mention I have 1994 R33 GTS4,

One thing I noticed is once the 4WD and ABS led flashes the SLIP led doesnt work anymore, normally it flashes when the rear wheels loos control or slips. which means it has switched back to RWD from 4WD.mmmmmmm, No I dont know why ABS led allways cometogether with 4WD??????

Maybe a electrical problem.................. :):):mad:

Sounds like you rear ABS sensor/s are faulty or damaged.

Both ABS and ATTESSA systems use the ABS sensors to determine slip/skiding/etc.

Sounds like you rear ABS sensor/s are faulty or damaged.

Both ABS and ATTESSA systems use the ABS sensors to determine slip/skiding/etc.

I took my car to a workshop, which they hook it up to a handheld computer thingy, it came up saying "G sensor error"

By the way where is the ABS sensor can be found on ? im sure all 4 wheels got them but no idea what it looks like or where it is exactly located in?

any help...................a pictur maybe...

Cheers

The G sensor is a small metal box in the centre console rear of the gearshift. You will see it as soon as you take the console off.

It has a small window on the front which apparently goes red when the sensor is busted - don't forget your problem could be the wiring between the sensor and the computer as well

The ABS sensors are little toothed wheels - front ones are on the hubs and rear ones are next to the diff. There is a small sensor attached to the diff or hub that reads how many teeth go by to calculate wheel speed.

The ABS sensors are little toothed wheels - front ones are on the hubs and rear ones are next to the diff. There is a small sensor attached to the diff or hub that reads how many teeth go by to calculate wheel speed.

Cheers, Thanks mate. bythe way i found more infor regarding this issue on another web site as well.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/46982-ca...my-gtr33-2.html

FYI----(The following has been copied from above mentioned site)

If you disconnected the battery you may of just deleted all the fault codes from the ECU,s that have recorded the faults.

Over the last few years we have come to notice what causes these faults and mostly are as follows in order which we have noticed.

A 33 has Electric Hicas so the Power steering fluid fix will not work ( the 32 is the only car that has hyraulic Hicas )

Normally if the 4wd lights comes on by itself it will be a low fluid level.

If the 4wd lights and ABS lights come on it will be throttle switch or ABS sensor.

If the 4wd/ABS/HICAS lights come on normally the rear wiper pipe broken and it has flooded the ECU,s in the boot.

Cheers

Chinthana

• 3 weeks later...

what exactly is the throttle switch?

having just messed around with the throttle getting wiring through the fire wall my 4wd + ABS lights have come on. Guessing its related.

Cheers, Thanks mate. bythe way i found more infor regarding this issue on another web site as well.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/46982-ca...my-gtr33-2.html

FYI----(The following has been copied from above mentioned site)

If you disconnected the battery you may of just deleted all the fault codes from the ECU,s that have recorded the faults.

Over the last few years we have come to notice what causes these faults and mostly are as follows in order which we have noticed.

A 33 has Electric Hicas so the Power steering fluid fix will not work ( the 32 is the only car that has hyraulic Hicas )

Normally if the 4wd lights comes on by itself it will be a low fluid level.

If the 4wd lights and ABS lights come on it will be throttle switch or ABS sensor.

If the 4wd/ABS/HICAS lights come on normally the rear wiper pipe broken and it has flooded the ECU,s in the boot.

Cheers

Chinthana