SAU Community

Newby With A Gtr

Boost, computer and good airbox (ARC)

Then tune, and you should get 260 rwkw, unless somethings wrong

If you are in Sydney PM me and i can help you out with some bits for it

adjustable cam gears help with std machines too.. noticed a fair difference in one that just had this done.. stck except exhaust

typical 2 degrees inlet advance, 4 degrees retard exhaust side.

yes a stock GTR is around 180 - 200kw on most dynos. a few kw more with exhaust etc.

i would go.

boost controller (run 1 bar boost)

apexi pods in a custom box

3 inch cat back exhaust

front pipes

dump pipes

Power FC

cam gears (both inlet and exhaust)

and you will get around 240-260rwkw if everything is working properly

i would also do your brakes (new pads, rotors, fluid) and add an oil cooler.

Just got a 90 model GTR?

The first mod you should be doing is a major service.

True, at least all fluids, tyres (if you imported it) and a check over and clean.

After that, drive it around for about 2 months to see if you can 'feel' anything wrong with it before modding.

Also, I got mine dynoed before I did anything to see what the power and boost curves looked like and see if they held steady or spiked/dropped off.

Just got a 90 model GTR?

The first mod you should be doing is a major service.

This goes without saying (but ill say it anyway), change all the fluids - you dont know when they were last changed......if at all.....

i just got a R32 GTR as well, leaving it stock for the moment just to see if there is anything wrong. Don't wanna spend all the cash modding then if something goes bang, your in trouble. Unless money is no issue :P

I've put in a set of XENONs though, but it doesn't go any quicker :D

Edited by gexenon

sweet got more replies than i thought

im definatly doing the full fluids change and i was planning to wait a while before trying to get more hp

another question for yas

can my 32 get 240 -260 and still last a while or is it prone to go bang????

Just keep the boost at no more than 15psi with the other things mentioned above and you should be fine

And yes, that power (260) will happen with the mods mentioned above, unless theres a problem with your engine

No, not JUST fluids.

I highly recommend a FULL 100k service including injector flow test and clean, lean outs are sadly common with people that buy a GTR and think they can just get in and thrash it.

yes a stock GTR is around 180 - 200kw on most dynos. a few kw more with exhaust etc.

i would go.

boost controller (run 1 bar boost)

apexi pods in a custom box3 inch cat back exhaust

front pipes

dump pipes

Power FC

cam gears (both inlet and exhaust)

and you will get around 240-260rwkw if everything is working properly

i would also do your brakes (new pads, rotors, fluid) and add an oil cooler.

Mine has all that less those couple of things and does over 250rwkw. Also need rising rate fuel reg. Plus for that boost level steel wheeled turbos is a handy insurance. I lost a good engine to a blown ceramic turbine as the crap often gets forced into the cylinder causing nasty damage.

Additional to all other suggestions I recommend the timing belt/pulley bearings be replaced ASAP as well as new grade 8 bolts for the bearings.

• 5 weeks later...
sweet got more replies than i thought

im definatly doing the full fluids change and i was planning to wait a while before trying to get more hp

another question for yas

can my 32 get 240 -260 and still last a while or is it prone to go bang????

I can only tell you of where i went

100K service, doesnt matter if its got 98K or 50K on the clock, you will have a sound base to work from

Redline fluids

Brake fluid

3inch exhaust

front pipe

power fc

boost controller (1 bar)

Adjustable cam gears (both)

= 250rwkw

+ some drag racing

= "hey whats with all the smoke and where is all the power!" (Damn ceramic wheels!)

IMHO Whatever you do be realistic about your expectations and consider the risks.

I dont know your circumstances but if you want to start spending cash on it by all means go nuts.

I did; now i'm asking the forum questions about mods on a 300rwkw combo and contemplating the rebuild next year

....but if you dont, get the service, get a new stereo (is that what young ppl are calling them these days?), fix stuff that becomes an issue

and enjoy driving it for a while...After all it's a still a GTR

Edited by Mr. Keets

yeah sounds sweet

for now im just gonna get some pods and leave boost stock for a while

and just focus on getting it up to scratch fluids wise

whats is cost to get steel wheels put in?