SAU Community

Geniun 40th Anniversary B/kit

Soulblighter

I was searching for skyline stuff on Ebay one night and came across this car...

1998 40th Anniversary Skyline on Ebay

Im really interested in finding a front bar the same as that, original if possible.

I have a 400R kit on my S2 R33 atm but being fibre glass, speed bumps and drive ways are not too kind to it.

Can anyone give me some idea on how and where to get it.

I messaged the seller and he advised me that it is a genuin 40th anniversary kit.

Any ideas on how to go about getting one for my car?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance gang.

post-21595-1143073160.jpg

I was searching for skyline stuff on Ebay one night and came across this car...

1998 40th Anniversary Skyline on Ebay

Im really interested in finding a front bar the same as that, original if possible.

I have a 400R kit on my S2 R33 atm but being fibre glass, speed bumps and drive ways are not too kind to it.

Can anyone give me some idea on how and where to get it.

I messaged the seller and he advised me that it is a genuin 40th anniversary kit.

Any ideas on how to go about getting one for my car?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance gang.

I may be wrong, but I dont think the 40th anniversary edition GTS-T's came with a specific kit, in fact every 40th anniversary edition I have seen has had the factory kit only.

I have not seen that front bar before and I wouldnt think that its a genuine Nissan part either, looks more like a typical a/m fibreglass replacement.

Yeah - check my pic - rancix is the same....

Sorry to dissapoint you - looks like he's full of shit..

Never seen that one before..

They were offered as a factory option vs. the stock S2 bumper..

Also side skirts as well I think (not 100% on that one)..

That one actually looks like a fibreglass bumper not a plastic one as per the stock ones.. "front bar is being replaired"

Edited by Links

As for getting one for you car..

You could probably order one from nissan *sAfrican American*.. also need to change where your blinkers are located (they are inclosed in a grey plastic part similar to the GTR ones).. and lose the spotlights..

Edited by Links

Thanks for all your replies everyone.

Appreciate the time and effort you all took to post.

Thankyou.

No my only dilema is...

To keep the 400R front and repair the cracks...

Or to try and source a genium plastic front bar.

Are the geniun plastic ones harder to damage or are they pretty much the same as the fibre glass ones.

And if im planning on installing a FMIC, would a geniun one be suitable? i know i might have to cut out some sections of the original ones to fit it.

Would that be better and look cleaner? or stick with the 400R?

I also see that the 400R front is worth about $500 or so. That is another factor of keeping it too.

What do you all think?

The pics bellow show the cracks.

First pic: front view: bottom of the bar: whole bar is split.

Second pic. Crack near top corner near light (1).

Also Gutter scrapes (2)

And pretty much the same on the other side

post-21595-1143094026.jpg

post-21595-1143094296.jpg

Edited by Soulblighter

If money is no problem then here's an option for you.

http://www.powerplayimports.com.au

Speak to tosh, or jo. Tosh is on the forums here SW20GT or something.

East Bear in Japan make a replica GTR front bar for the GTST. It is two piece just like the real thing, and is also plastic!! Not cheap-arse fibreglass, IIRC.

East Bear fit is perfect too. I have one of their bonnets, I put it on without any adjustment or modification. Straight on, perfect fit.

But you'll be paying > $1000 for the GTR-style front bar, unpainted. Looks just like the real thing btw. First time I saw one I asked the guy how the hell he fit a genuine one on there. I was shocked when he said, "it isn't...It's East Bear"

its a s1.5 wil, get it right, lol... mixture of both s1 and 2

Are the geniun plastic ones harder to damage or are they pretty much the same as the fibre glass ones.

ive hit mine on the bottom a few times and on the front (into soft things in the garage) and they mostly just bend then bounce back, doesnt crack at all. but it will still scratch like normal plastic, its just alot more forgiving.

all East Bear Sports prices have been revised on our website... email me for further enquiries... discounts are offered at point of sale

Cheers,

Tosh

Powerplay Imports

all East Bear Sports prices have been revised on our website... email me for further enquiries... discounts are offered at point of sale

Cheers,

Tosh

Powerplay Imports

Hey,

I have to say it.. Given your product range and projected image...you guys are in dire need of a new website..

If this is of any interest feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Paul.