SAU Community

Performance

hey guys,

wondering what will be better if i should hi flow my turbo (standard r33) or get a HKS 2530 turbo? please help casue i have alot of people talking and telling me to do this and that but making no sence to me, which will produce the most power and best for 1/4 mile ? cheers

without listing the full car specs

its impossible to tell

it might be cheaper for a 2530.

depends on every mod that you have not listed

hey r31nismoid, say with the basic mods:

- boost controller

- 3" dump/front

- 3" hi flow cat

- 3" catback

- fmic

- safc

- fuel pump

what would you prefer from either turbos that would produce more power, hi flow or 2530?

what would pull better 1/4 mile times?

the 2530 will peak and drop off more im pretty sure. the rb25 turbo upgrade thread has plently of hiflow and 2530 graphs to look at and compare against. the 2530 is probably cheaper but the hiflow will perform better i expect

just for some information

i just bought a hiflow for 800

it did have a bit of play in it, and it is plain bearing turbo.

it cost me around 200 bucks for the rebalance, and 270 thrust bearing.

not sure what size wheels are in the turbo, but on my stock turbo i ran 12 psi and had 201rwkw.

with the hiflow i notice a significant difference in power, and spool time.

and when it winds up now, it sounds like a truck.

i ran a 14.089 with the stock turbo, but it was only my 4th time out there

and i didnt get my starts as good as i would like

i'm hoping to rund some low 13's next time i get out there and put the boost up to 15psi.

GCG don't do two stages anymore I don't think. The stage two had compressor surge issues.

SAU NSW members get 10% discount at GCG.

I reckon for an R33 GTST then a 2530 would get down the quarter quicker. Just so much mid range punch.

Aquariz you should get a powerFC with your turbo upgrade if you want to take full advantage of it.

GCG don't do two stages anymore I don't think. The stage two had compressor surge issues.

SAU NSW members get 10% discount at GCG.

I reckon for an R33 GTST then a 2530 would get down the quarter quicker. Just so much mid range punch.

Aquariz you should get a powerFC with your turbo upgrade if you want to take full advantage of it.

i thought the hi flow turbo is meant to be stronger?

i know 2530 kicks in quicker then hi flow because hi flow kicks in the same as stock

doesnt it also have a big mid range punch similar to the 2530?

does anyone have a dynograph of the rb25 stock turbo and a hi flow... would like to compare

yea abo bob i wish i could get a powerfc on my car... just hate the fact that i cant... auto transmission

i was wondering which from the 2 and a gtrs will have higher rwkw by 5000revs? anyone?

Edited by aquariuz6

Terry... Abo Bob already answered that

The "stage 2" is no longer in production, and shouldnt be purchased 2nd hand

cheers

Look, it's not the worst turbo in the world and they didn't have surge issues with all of them, just a fair few. It might be ok but it might be the reason the current owner is selling it.

I get full boost of 0.9 bar at 3200rpm but I do notice that it spools very early, just takes a bit to get full boost.

I think 2530 to run 12's is a proven combo. For some reason I don't seem to notice decent times with highflow turbos. I'm running 13.4 atm and I wont bore you with my issues but the weird thing is that I run very good times on the roudy roundy tracks. Maybe I'm just no good at the short one.

But still there it is, I've got 255rwkw with a highflow but I can't get a 12 but it has been proven that 220-240 from a 2530 will get you one.

Watch this space though. I might get there yet with a little practice. Going to a test and tune day soon.

But still there it is, I've got 255rwkw with a highflow but I can't get a 12 but it has been proven that 220-240 from a 2530 will get you one.

The 2530 Probably provides more average power and at lower revs hence the better times. Got a dyno sheet by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
The 2530 Probably provides more average power and at lower revs hence the better times. Got a dyno sheet by any chance?

---------

My Hks 2535's failing after 75k kms due shaft play setting in and making wailing noise. Have ordered the

gt-rs and hope its a better choice than 2530kai. The gtrs is stronger from 3000rpm and has just slightly less response <3000rpm. From Hks web:

gtrs: graph_01.gif

2530kai: graph_02.gif

Edited by docang